Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the video I use at Gun Shows, put on a loop and showing on my TV so that people can start to appreciate some of the capabilities of the modern day slingshot and what people are able to do as well

Look for Beanflip and Treefork as well as others too!

I've finally got some time, so I'll be making a few videos real soon

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
It's like the soundtrack of my life... ;)

You'll notice that I did not cut some of the first attempts, like on Treefork's... that's because it's actually MORE incredible with the first shot in there, as he actually does hit the match tip on the first try, and then does it again to light it.... two or more sub-millimeter shots in a row... simply incredible!

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Awesome video! I bet you get a lot of passerbys that watch and see their jaws drop while watching those shots!

·
Premium Member
11,486 Posts
Great video! This video will definitely attract new shooters! You can bet there will be .those who will have to try it for themselves. Thanks for sharing

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's still amazing to me the amount of people that will stand there and watch the whole video.... Never before having known that slingshots have any accuracy or power potential whatsoever. Then with their jaws slightly agape asking me if that was real? Certainly it had to be CG?

Then I tell them no, it's all real and it's really not that hard once you learn the concepts of shooting and then practice them... over a course of time most people can develop into a much much better marksman with a much larger percent being able to do match lights and card cuts than most would ever have believed.

I explain that most people are the product of success... hundreds of thousands of years of the fittest survive, the best in battle gets to go home and breed and more often than not, in the past, they would also rape and pillage the conquered land as well. So whether we like it or not, we are the product of that and shooting is literally in our genes... All that's required for most people to become better is simply learning a few basic concepts and then proper practices to develop muscle memory.

·
Registered
602 Posts
It's like the soundtrack of my life... ;)

You'll notice that I did not cut some of the first attempts, like on Treefork's... that's because it's actually MORE incredible with the first shot in there, as he actually does hit the match tip on the first try, and then does it again to light it.... two or more sub-millimeter shots in a row... simply incredible!
Bill, its because of you and your videos, and the similar talents of marksmen like Treefork, that I have learned so much and have grown to thoroughly enjoy slingshots and the pursuit of accuracy with them. Shooting has always been in my blood, but having the unique option of practicing that passion with slingshots has created a lot of joy in my life. Thank you! And again, I'm looking forward to new videos from you.

·
Grandpa Pete
1,419 Posts
Bill, an amazing Video. When I see that kind of shooting I don't know if I should be inspired or depressed with my own mediocre slingshot skills. I am sure a lot of gun show people could not make those shots with a .22 rifle.

GP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts