Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ray Rowden
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's always good to see old friends and make new ones at a slingshot tournament, and the East Coast Slingshot Tournament 2019 was no exception!

It was also a great opportunity to acquire new gear, and I made a great haul on that front.

First, and most unexpected, I got a great little oak natural fork PFS from Danny (trapperdes). He and Liz handed it to me shortly after I spotted Danny some tubing to back up a set that was shooting well for me. Not supposed to be trade, but an awesome gesture from awesome folks!

Green Terrestrial plant Adaptation Insect Terrestrial animal

It is loaded with character - great grain, worm holes and a little spalting. Plus, it shoots for me better than any other OPFS version I have. I banded it up with leather tabs and 1636 tubes and almost talked myself into using it for the 25-yard paper target, 'cause it was spot on for me!

I did lay out some swapping material on Saturday, and scored a super TSM-made ply OTT shooter from Tim (toolman). The grip works for a thumb and finger brace hold for me, but is a little wide for a pinch grip. I banded it up with Simple-Shot Black, and have really enjoyed shooting it.

Automotive design Fashion accessory Synthetic rubber Metal Pattern

A couple of cups of coffee later, I snagged an incredibly sculpted peg-head gapper from Matt (You'll Shoot Yer Eye Out). It's oak, with spectacular grain and a nice Tung-oil finish. Matt said said the cant on the forks didn't suit his shooting style. I also usually like my OTT shooters with a flat top, but I'll make exceptions for Natties - especially one as nice as this!

Plant Human body Wood Line Vegetable

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
My goodness, those are all AMAZING!!!!

The friendship of the slingshot community is well-known and this is an excellent example of it!

Of course, the naturals are all eye-popping for me, but that black ergo one is awesome too.

Congratulations!!!!

Q

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.