Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I doubt it will win any prizes for aesthetics but it functions surprisingly well - With light Ammo of course ( Garbanzo beans - my indoor ammo)

So as you can see, it is just a Cardboard box with some rags glued in to the back. The flaps on the sides are angled in to keep any strays from bouncing back at the shooter.

I think you can guess what the target is: Toilet Paper Spool (tube) suspended by a BBQ skewer. It is mounted forward in the box which allows it to spin when hit (actually works like a good thing) and although it spins quite easily ... I managed to shoot right through the spool with the dried Garbanzo bean. Left a nice blow out hole out the backside, without ripping it off the skewer.

Changing the spool is as simple as pulling out the skewer which is not glued in for this purpose. Note: the holes for the skewer and tube are just slots (poked with an exacto blade) this seems to impart enough friction to keep the skewer and spool in place...... And there you have it folks (please feel free to try it if you wish)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
I like that set up, inexpensive, totally recyclable, and it does exactly what it is supposed to do. Welcome to the Forum

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome from what distance are you shooting?
Thanks Covert5 . This set-up is presently in my living room so I only have about 12 feet. .... Hoping to set up in the Basement which will give me about 20 feet. For now, the short distance is giving me a good opportunity in "Getting to know my "home-made sling shots" (6) ... and basic learning how to aim.

As for shooting style, presently, I am favoring the TTF set-up - "Gangster Style" which seems to be the popular style, from most of the videos I've watched ?? Once I am able to set up in the basement, I should be able to (safely) use some decent steel ammo and get in some real practice. The Garbanzo beans are ok for close range but will take to their own flight-path after about 8 feet.

Cheers!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like that set up, inexpensive, totally recyclable, and it does exactly what it is supposed to do. Welcome to the Forum
Thanks Tag, That's a triple check - thank you sir! ...... I love frugal and resourceful :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts