Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was messing around with the curtain configuration for a couple days and settled on this prototype. I have a good idea of what is working for me in this setting. It's basically a cheap cotton curtain meant for a window decoration. I hung up a 1/2" pvc and the curtain strung up nicely. At first I tried using the curtain loose and it caught it but the ammo went all over. Then I put a second pvc pipe through the bottom to hold it tight, that was worse. Finally I settled on pulling the bottom forward slightly and keeping the center loose. This catches my 3/8" steel ammo very well using a Trumark wrist rocket and trumark heavy pull bands. With the prototype set up I can take a variety of shot power and angles and drop them right into a circle space about one foot diameter on the floor. There is a bounce-out zone, the top corners near the pvc pipe always spit ammo back out about 1 to 2 feet. Not hard to miss those zones though as I'm shooting from a max of 7 feet.

It's obviously not for accuracy training because you can't practice ballistics at a distance. But it's fantastic for practicing form, reloading shots, quick shooting, etc. Once I build up the pendulum targets I have in mind, they'll pass back and forth right in front of the catchers' sweet spot. That way I am practicing a bit of aim and timing too.

This thing takes full power shots and just laughs. Here some pics, I have short videos in there but Ii'm not sure how to load them into threads.
[sharedmedia=gallery:albums:562]

·
Registered
38 Posts
This sounds like something I may build up in my digs. Im an Apt dweller and though my Sig. other really doesnt care if I practise inside, Im a little skiddish with all my crystal. Ive been using a beer box with taped targets on the floor... it catches the ammo but really isnt much of a challange. My complex has a courtyard but... theres kids and cars. Something like this may work great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts