Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the last thing I finished yesterday. I was able to put quite a few shots downrange with it before I started on the sidewinder fiasco.

John (Bane of Small Game) asked me to post a pic of the bandset he made for me -- 107's and a nice little basketball leather pouch. So I strapped them to the Bill Hays "Lil Ranger" I made out of plywood. This slingshot is one of the best small forks I have ever shot with. I blew up his pattern to a size that fits my hand just right.

These bands really fooled me. Plenty of zip with marbles. But more surprising to me was the way they handled the 7/16 steel (pictured). Very good, flat trajectory at 18 yards. This slingshot combined with this bandset is a great target shooting combo. I think the fact that the thin basketball leather weighs practically nothing contributed to the zip I was getting.

Anybody who makes their own should make one of these -- they are great!

Shoots very much like Gib's pocket buddy.

Thanks, John for the nice band set. And thanks Bill for this design you shared.

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
Looks very nice Mr. Bill. Are you slowing down the slingshots for a bit to get back into your spoons? I hope your hands aren't getting bad off.......I look forward to whatever it is you choose to do, be it a pile of spoons or nothing at all. Just do what makes you happy......you've shared your efforts with us out here and made quite a few of us happy with your wonderful individualised pieces!

·
Here to help and learn
781 Posts
That's a fine one Bill, and a good looking design once again coming from the Texas Ranger! (Bill Hays)

I'm really glad you like those 107s, they are quite fun for some backyard plinking and very effective, as you said, with marbles. Plus, they look pretty good on that frame!

I hope your hands/forearms get better soon so you can get back into the swing, in spurts of course. We won't be seeing 5 slingshots out of you per weekend any more, but that is perfectly okay, it helps with the local forest conservation if you slow down a bit as well.

Cheers - John

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another Great one Bill. You said you were in the trades for like 30 years, something with working with wood?
No, Chuck. I worked with asbestos, fiberglass, canvas, and sheetmetal mostly. Insulator/Asbestos Worker

·
Registered
349 Posts
thats a nice one grandpa!!

seems like a very comfortable little fork.

·
Premium Member
7,905 Posts
What brand 107's did you get? The ones i got were junk.
I know you didn't ask me, but...
I got the Alliance Silver 107s and didn't like them a bit until I took the effort to taper them (link to post) . I've been using them that way for about a week and they work really great now.
over.
I like your Lil' Ranger alot DH! Very clean design and a good finish.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.