Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! .. my latest build is ss4 by Nick Hagarty from the u.k. ... I contacted Nick and asked if I could make a 1 off of the ss4 .. he said sure! .. so I went ahead .. it was constructed by I 1/8 thick black peel ply g10 .. I like the texture and look of the stuff ! .. and 3/8 thick natural g10 .. this was a fun build .. thanks for looking guys ! :)
365e29fa67e834f5ea439ddd4ff34271.jpg
d36ca5d0b4f15e5385bc9bbfe9eabbb8.jpg
0e8fa10ca400ab62ba9c7ba2f1f6dd5a.jpg
a436d710efa06fca92284aaf0f7e4f0f.jpg
1cdb167ec4733a22a456b6846645b75f.jpg
798ce15f586c27c8eb525db6eda1ba58.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Singing along with the voices in my head
442 Posts
cool! one question,what is peel ply?
Since G10 is smooth, to add texture when they're making the G10, cloth or similar medium is put on top. As it dries, the cloth or whatever is peeled off, leaving the grippy texture on the surface of the G10. Used a lot in knife handles (Spyderco, Emerson, etc).

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey bud .. thank you! ! .. actually peel ply is g10 that they add a layer with a certain release agent on it so that the layer can be removed after you do whatever your going to do .. like cc said .. knife scales or in my case .. slingshots :) .. gives a nice grippy texture to anything its on .. they have different peel ply .. coarse .. medium .. and fine .. this one is the coarse

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Since G10 is smooth, to add texture when they're making the G10, cloth or similar medium is put on top. As it dries, the cloth or whatever is peeled off, leaving the grippy texture on the surface of the G10. Used a lot in knife handles (Spyderco, Emerson, etc).
Thank You for the info,,had not heard of it before.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Hey bud .. thank you! ! .. actually peel ply is g10 that they add a layer with a certain release agent on it so that the layer can be removed after you do whatever your going to do .. like cc said .. knife scales or in my case .. slingshots :) .. gives a nice grippy texture to anything its on .. they have different peel ply .. coarse .. medium .. and fine .. this one is the coarse

Thank You I hadn't heard of it before,although I guess I have seen it,lol.it looks awesome and definatly grippy! never worked with g10 either guess its time to give it a try :)

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Thank You I hadn't heard of it before,although I guess I have seen it,lol.it looks awesome and definatly grippy! never worked with g10 either guess its time to give it a try :)
Oh ya!! .. its kinda of a pain to work with .. and messy too .. make sure you have a respirator and work outside ... nothing to shy away from .. just gotta be safe :) can't wait to see bud!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts