Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planing on waiting until it was finished but I just can't wait

I have now hade my cougar for about a week and it is a sweet little thing! However I just coudn't get the feeling right with the thin handle, so I made one of my own!
With the help of my dad I made this turkish pear wood handle! It is not waxed yeat but that will be added soon! It feels realy good in my hand now and it is heavier but that just makes it feel more quality!
The handle is now 3,5cm thick, and that feels great! I am now only able to shoot it hammergripstyle but that is al I do so no problem there!

Making a handle was great fun! It is a smaler work and that is right now, good for me! I often find that I am desatisfyed with the slingshots I make... They just don't look as nice as some of the pros here on the forum, but this one I am prod of=) In the most humble meaning of course

Hope you like it!
Thanx

P.s Is it just me or is half the fun making them and the other half showing them on the forum? But then there is also the 3rd half... Shooting them! But thats just a GREAT bonus

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Yeah, these limited editions are going to get very rare in the unmodified state.

Nice work though!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I did a bit of thinking befor I did this work.. It will be a colectable peace but sence I am not a colector and I want to be able to shoot it as nice as posible I made a handle for it!
Besides if someone wanted to original it thats probaly not so hard. Just remove the wood and a bit of polish then its as good as new, but I like it the way it is now!

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Great work, looks very nice like that.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just in case somebody missed it, this is the wood I am selling/trading here on the forum!
Thanx for the nice comments!
Great forum be a part of!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts