Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May not be allowed because it’s kind of dark/deep. I’m 26 years old I’ve been married to a wonderful woman for 7 years I have a 7 year old son and a 15 month old son. On October 13th 2017 my best friend was murdered and it spun me off in a deep depression. I began to drink everyday with the soul purpose of getting drunk. I ignored my wife and my 1 son at the time until my wife told me that we where going to be parents again at which point I put down the bottle until he was born and I stayed away from it until October of last year and I began to spiral again. Until I found a daisy f16 at Walmart. I have somehow someway Channeled all my anger and sadness over the loss of my best friend into a love for this simple sport. It has connected me and my oldest son more than ever (I played sports growing up and he has ZERO desire to do anything other that play in the woods and play Xbox haha) and my wife now instead of worrying about me drinking myself to sleep every night now worries I’ll break someone’s window shooting my slingshot. Like I said I don’t know if it’s allowed but I wanted everyone to know what slingshots mean to me... Actually I guess they mean hope.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So sorry for your loss friend, but glad you found slings and this forum, as BOTH are the right kind of addiction and medicine for what ails (sp?) you.

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the kind words. We actually named my youngest son after my friend. I'm slowly getting better I just have to focus that bad energy into something better.

·
Registered
962 Posts
You got the right attitude, and it sounds like you have a great support team/ family, Playing in the woods is better than playing in the streets.You still get dirty and in trouble just different kinds.

·
Mojave Mo
5,156 Posts
A happy ending is always the hope. As my Pops-in-Law always says to me, "Take care of your self first." It is sort of like a war cry in Scotland. Or think of the Airplane Oxygen rule. Put you mask on first before helping your family with theirs. They can't breathe if you pass out. Win or lose, once you have dipped your toe in the Pool of Depression your mind will tell you it is okay to go back. That is a lie my friend, it is NOT okay to go back.
Welcome to a place that changes people for the better! I am a BIG F-16 fan and this Forum helped me find the zone of modifying them. Check it out!
e70e4a2a6719f62c131a5049e3f147ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
I’m sure that took a lot of courage and strength to put that out into the world but it’s a good thing it means your getting stuff off your chest and lightening that load a bit, not letting it simmer within. I don’t know you but I am proud of you for sharing this with us, I know how hard that can be. Prayers for you and your family.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts