Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well some of you might have seen these before when i posted all of my pics in the general forum but that post covered a lot so i thought maybe i should give some of them a little more of a treatment. So these are my naturals, Ive really been liking these gypsy tabs and ive been trying different things with those, these all have the 107s on them cut and used at full length which seems to work well for me since i have a pretty long draw. I have one more that i just finished last night and banded with some 1745 tubes and one of rays mag pouches but no pics yet. Hope you like what i have to show ya though the big one is maple, the small one is crepe myrtle, and the chunky one and the one with the bent handle are both white oak.

Attachments

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
Those are some very, very nice naturals and I'm not just saying that because I make mine the same way. The forks themselves are very high quality and I bet you spend a lot of time in the woods running all of them down. They are also very well-worked and I definately give you the jmplsnt thumbs-up.

Please do share your other projects as time allows!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the compliments jmp that means a lot especially coming from the gypsy rig man himself! Your tutorial is where i learned to tie the tabs. Ive really enjoyed the way they shoot plus they add a nice aesthetic element to the beautiful grain of a natural fork. wish i had some bigger pictures but my photo manager is acting weird. Thanks again for your kind remarks!

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
Very nice looking forks, nice work.
Philly

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
i really like the beefy one on the right.

·
Here to help and learn
781 Posts
Tell you what Delaney you've got great style. Every single one of them looks like a tribute to Jmp's work with a flair of your own.....and there is NOTHING wrong with that. They are a great model to go off of, and that is what my work first stemmed from (hence the tabs and rounded bases
)

I'm very glad that you re-posted them, they deserve their spotlight, as all naturals do in my opinion. These are also aesthetically appealing to me because of the basic natural finish and the gypsy tabs and 107 combination. I have yet to use those 2 together but I've enjoyed them.

I have to say, personal favorites are the ones on the far left and right of the first picture. I like my naturals short and stout. Excellent work on them all, please post whenever you make another!

Cheers - John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.