Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well, I've got a few rolls of latex and pile of pouches. Time to make some band sets. So I threw together this jig. I used tarp hold downs instead of clamps. You can make them as tight as you want, no worries about bands slipping. They just slide onto some plastic pegs on the posts. The posts are held on with 5/16" threaded rod. There are t-nuts spaced at 8, 10, and 12" to adjust for different pouches or tensions on the bands.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nice Jig entomohile - very creative & resourceful - band tying will definitely be more enjoyable with this aid. ( those clips bring back some fun memories of camping days with the kids.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
It looks like the clips come off and you clip them on the band/pouch and then stretch them and place back on the posts. Is that correct?

Love the idea and will be headed to Harbor Freight this weekend to pick up a set.
Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It looks like the clips come off and you clip them on the band/pouch and then stretch them and place back on the posts. Is that correct?
Yes, that is correct. The posts are some random plastic spacers that I pulled out of some broken equipment. You could probably get by just with screws, or use some tubing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts