Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last I made a catch box to last a lifetime. The only minus is it isn't wide enough to hang 3-4 spinners at the same time, but it is strong and durable, and even has wheels to move it around.

Attachments

·
See The Target
21,963 Posts
Eliminate the only minus .

Hang the three spinners with one above the other each on its own horizontal cord . You will have to use a straight line as opposed to the V shave configuration in the existing set up .Use small diameter elastic tubing to secure the spinner . First run @ a 4 inch piece of string through the spinner and then attach the elastic to each side of string . They will spin really well as well as last a lot longer due to the shock absorbency of the elastic tube .

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that's the "AHA!!!" moment ???? Thanks Treefork! That's a job that will be done first thing in the morning!

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didnt mention it before, but an archery friend brought me this recycling bin from his work, free of charge. So, all in all, this project cost €0 :)
I really do like the wheels guys, as I do have space and like to move it around easily. I also have a screw on the lid to hold a can, it is visible in the first pic of the thread.

·
Super Moderator
6,192 Posts
Nice! Have considered the same. Just make sure the shots are completely stopped by the backstop material. Shot the back out of my last 'ammo box' crate catch box with 9.5mm steels...

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
That thin mesh fabric that comes with the chinese catchboxes is surprisingly effective as a backstop.
Interesting fact....anyway we can source just this fabric?
I have seen it here on the GZK site:
https://trade.onloon.net/detail?itemId=e92775e7e64145e9a9461d2d8781f8f4

I have come across it at a few other places too but I don't have a link and can't remember where...

I suspect it is some sort of generic material found to be effective. Take a look at it, you may be able to figure out an alternative...

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That thin mesh fabric that comes with the chinese catchboxes is surprisingly effective as a backstop.
Interesting fact....anyway we can source just this fabric?
I have seen it here on the GZK site:
https://trade.onloon.net/detail?itemId=e92775e7e64145e9a9461d2d8781f8f4

I have come across it at a few other places too but I don't have a link and can't remember where...

I suspect it is some sort of generic material found to be effective. Take a look at it, you may be able to figure out an alternative...
You know what they say, AliExpress is your....friend ????

Reactions: Tag
1 - 20 of 42 Posts