Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks
Today the mail lady delivered my new Desert Ironwood Cougar.
I really like it alot. It has a nice heft to it and the laminated wood on the handle is very comfortable to hold and shoot.
Joerg was kind enough to send me this special fork, and I thank him very much

Tom

·
Registered
56 Posts
What do you think about the size of the Cougar slingshot? Is it too small compared to the ones you make? I have had no issues with shooting mine, but when I first received it I thought the fork width was too narrow for my shooting style. However, I was wrong and I have discovered I can draw and hold the same bands I shoot on my wrist braced singshots. It has been years since I shoot a slingshot and I am not a good shot anymore, but I am having fun with the limited number of shots I have fired since joining this site.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Congratulations, Tom. Just wondering, do you shoot hammer-grip? Cougar is a great all around slingshot, especially with a handle on it.

·
Super Moderator
6,511 Posts
Nice Pick up Tom! You can't beat Desert Ironwood for beauty and luster. Flatband

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I find the fork similar to my pocket shooter in width and depth .
The wood handle is very nice, and adds real beauty, and feel, to a flat steel fork.
Joerg is on to something with this new design.
The first thing I had to do is shoot it. This baby has good power. The first couple shots were accurate at 20yds. After more shooting, I was all over the place. I think probably because of the powerful double tubes on it.
So...tomorrow ,(it is getting dark) , I want to try my tapered 5/8 to 1/2 inch, Gum rubber set on it. I am more used to them bands and pretty sure I will shoot better.
All in all, this is a beautiful piece, and It will be one of my favorite slingshots.
Thank you very much Joerg
She is a keeper for sure.
Tom

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,426 Posts
<-------------------- Jealous!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts