Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
I just received this new Dankung slingshot in the mail yesterday. Had to take off the bands it came with because they don't know how to cut flat-bands yet. Mine were very bad, with ragged edges and tapered with a ratio of about 3 to 1. I put Linatex on it with a taper of 3 to 2, with a band length of 7 inches. Included is a pic of the band set that came with it.

Attachments

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I made a video of me shooting it at 12 yards out in the snow. It was my first twenty shots with it and I hit the can fifteen times after I got my aim up from the cold, the first four shots were low. I put it on smittyslingshots on U-Tube. I think the slingshot is pretty cool, it's made of stainless steel, and I like it very much.

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know how to do links and stuff like that, sorry.

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It really does have good power when it's warm, but the cold really slows the rubber down.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
It really does have good power when it's warm, but the cold really slows the rubber down.
ooh i thought they worked better in the cold im confuzed
[/quote]
Flat bands work better in the cold than tubes, but they all slow down. The main reason for thin rubber is better cold speed than thick rubber. Tex

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like to use Linatex right now, (because I have a supply of it) and it is 1/16" thick. My point of aim was off by about 6" from the same distance on nice warm days. I had to aim higher to hit the target.

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It is listed under western slingshots. Last time I looked they were sold out, but I,m sure they will make more.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts