Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,373 Posts
I always thought the size of the loop had only to do with how much 'extra' kick you wanted out of your setup. Thus the bigger the loop the bigger the wallop? When I have a choice to make I lean towards tubes in general because I don't get as much twist and tangle as I do with flats. That also might be because I didn't even know what flats were until a few years ago. Up until then, it was single tubes or chained newspaper bands!

·
Ray Rowden
3,082 Posts
Looks like your current set-up is using about 1-inch loops. That seems like just enough to insert and replace the tubes.
If you don't plan on changing them out very often, you can make them tight to the fork - stretch them and time them to the fork like you tie at the pouch. That has worked fine for me.

·
Super Moderator
2,417 Posts
If I want to pull less weight, I set them to just fit over the forks, but I usually run a 2 - 4" loop for a light pseudo taper. You can adjust the size of the loop for the amount of draw weight that you want but around 3" makes for a nice draw and they don't tangle. I also looked up pseudo tapers in the search and came up with this one, interesting -

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.