Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once upon a time I had an actual LBS which I shot well and donated to a worthy orphan over an ocean way.
Since then I wanted an LBS with a bit more grab. I first made my LBS Boot Sling which came out shootable enough. I am still working on it trying to get the visual 'just right'.
SlingNerd tossed me a blank of his homemade Maple and Red Paduak laminate that I have been staring at for a couple of months.
Then this happened. Aside from the Geezer Grip addition it is an LBS at its roots! I forgot all about the simple beauty and strength of Maple. I won't band this up for another few days. However. This.Sling.Will.Shoot.
That second LBS shooter-to-be might get a tiny palm swell, maybe snare-wrap holes on the forks....dunno...?? Thanks for lookin'..!
MM
8ce04520f48ab728f16fb68ea3aec53b.jpg
39209b4ee7133dfb3e0f623b77817294.jpg
8e3b8a8326533711c6e78d6f4be0a3e4.jpg
e382fcb907721360c8cff5b688e73e79.jpg
a6ccc24ff9cf5e08b23e15336acac304.jpg
c359b237c9c03fe27b89599edaf27129.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mo, you are rock & roll all the day long.

I bet J5 loves it.
You know I like a handful in my sling. But somehow this just fits without the 'extra'. However.....got one more to finish up!!

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks great man!! . Very nice work and the finish is perfect!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I am trying out Tung Oil for the first time. I got really close to a good 3 coat finish then backed it up when I saw a blem I didn't like. On every single sling I make or purchase I know before it is in my hand that I am going to drop it in the garage, or the desert. So now I think I want to be able to remove a ding without screwing up the entire sling. OR.....all of you PROFESSIONAL sling makers need to offer a 'refinish' program for your work. I have just enough practice now to take ANY sling on the market and modify and screw it up well enough. I almost think that if I spend $200+ on a handmade quality sling I would want to be able to converse with the builder about 'fixing' my sling if I needed it. MM

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Looks great man!! . Very nice work and the finish is perfect!!

I am trying out Tung Oil for the first time. I got really close to a good 3 coat finish then backed it up when I saw a blem I didn't like. On every single sling I make or purchase I know before it is in my hand that I am going to drop it in the garage, or the desert. So now I think I want to be able to remove a ding without screwing up the entire sling. OR.....all of you PROFESSIONAL sling makers need to offer a 'refinish' program for your work. I have just enough practice now to take ANY sling on the market and modify and screw it up well enough. I almost think that if I spend $200+ on a handmade quality sling I would want to be able to converse with the builder about 'fixing' my sling if I needed it. MM

Sweet!! That's awesome dude .. and yep I agree ! Gotta be able to fix em .. I have done a few for customers .. nooo problem ! Unless it's a nasty fork hit .. not much one can do for that :)

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
That's a beautiful sling and a great take on an excellent design! Love the look Mo.
The Geezer Grip is a good thing for my hand! I bet we see Obijuanjoey knock out an custom LBS with a 1/2" swell for the older hand....??!

I except your challenge buddy :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts