Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
After having owned practically every mass produced sling shot and wrist rocket, and having purchased dozens of customs, as well as making my own variations using hardwood board blanks, I have recently re discovered how good a well made natural style sling shot can be!
I have spent the last week lightly sculpting naturals of several different types of tree and shrub.
I was suprised at how well a natural could fit my hand with very little work.
The natural twisted and knotted or bumpy wood also appeals to me.
I have spent the last couple of nights shooting a couple of my favorites and the results were no less than magic.
My accuracy remained and my comfort and stability improved!
I build my naturals to suit my over the forks, canted style of shooting, with a high choke on the forks.
Anyway, I just wanted to share my new found excitement and give a shout out to my Italian friend Bob (who calls these antler forks) because it is he who posted some recent projects of his that got me motivated to try my hand at the natural antler style forks.

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Thank you Duke, I was really glad to read your topics and seeing your new antlers. I love naturals as you do and I'm getting more and more involved with them. I totally agree with you about making naturals and shoot with them. I will dedicate to you my new one that's gonna come. Have great work mate. Cheers. Bob

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Naturals are my favorites, too. They are really fun to make. They are strong by nature. And they can sometimes surprising in their beauty after you remove the gift-wrap (bark).

That one you made is a fine job of carving, and some beautiful wood, too. Looks like a real good shooter.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
i have never been a big fan of naturals but looking at some that have been posted recently i realy want to start making a few, some are works of art, and the thing that makes them even better is that they are all unique, hopefully if i'm back before dark tonight i will pop out with the fold out saw, john

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Yep!
After spending my first several months here as a doubter of the Natural I'm now a full convert. My favorite and best shooter is a natural and I'm always on the lookout for forks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.