Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago i had my slingshot what ive had for years stole out of my car, also had a mobile phone took, but only bothered about the slingshot,
Anyway i found this fork yesterday and took the bark off, i havnt a clue what tree its off but ive never had a fork has hard to work with,
my wood file just wont work on it, its like bone, i cant wait to finish it, and its a differant shape not the staight type i use, 1st photo is the one that was stolen, i will put the finished sling shot on when finished, jeff

MY STOLEN SLINGSHOT, WAS GUTTED.

NEW FORK.

·
Registered
273 Posts
very nice fork, what threat me are the screw-rings on top. Would not be shore about them if I was shooting havvy bands. But mae be just my impression.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
very nice fork, what threat me are the screw-rings on top. Would not be shore about them if I was shooting havvy bands. But mae be just my impression.
Them rings had been in for well over 5 years, ive used the black bands and the thera band gold no problem, i use a very strong glue to keep them in, the type you have to add the hardner to it, the fork would crack 1st if you tried to unscrew them, i,ll be putting the same rings in the new one, jeff

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Them rings had been in for well over 5 years, ive used the black bands and the thera band gold no problem, i use a very strong glue to keep them in, the type you have to add the hardner to it, the fork would crack 1st if you tried to unscrew them, i,ll be putting the same rings in the new one, jeff
[/quote]
Looks cool Jeff thats one strong glue you have there,spray painted one of the slingshots yesterday and varnished it today.making slingshots is fun isn't it.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[/quote]
Looks cool Jeff thats one strong glue you have there,spray painted one of the slingshots yesterday and varnished it today.making slingshots is fun isn't it.
[/quote]

heres a bit of fun for you, spay one black and get a tin of the sparky blue paint and lighty spay the blue tin from about 3ft, and they look brill, i done one for the grandson, jeff

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Jeff, that's a nice looking fork there and plenty strong looking. I just wonder why you want to add the hardware? I have no qualms about the safety of using the eye hooks properly and have done it myself, but do you think adding eye hooks to that particular fork will make it better than just carving in the grooves and going over the top?? If you do, can you say why? (I am trying to learn, not being critical.)

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Jeff, that's a nice looking fork there and plenty strong looking. I just wonder why you want to add the hardware? I have no qualms about the safety of using the eye hooks properly and have done it myself, but do you think adding eye hooks to that particular fork will make it better than just carving in the grooves and going over the top?? If you do, can you say why? (I am trying to learn, not being critical.)
I do a lot of hunting and i find the rings easy to put the tubes or bands on quickly, plus the bands seem to last longer on them, with the ring you can put any elastic on them, and im on a budget so i can put out on them, from small stationary bands linked, to the thera bands, jeff

·
Registered
273 Posts
I do a lot of hunting and i find the rings easy to put the tubes or bands on quickly, plus the bands seem to last longer on them, with the ring you can put any elastic on them, and im on a budget so i can put out on them, from small stationary bands linked, to the thera bands, jeff
[/quote]

nice explanation, this is whay I am using dankung too. Swapp rubbers at the need without changing catapults. Soon or later I have to post about devastating effects of a 375 lead ball on quarry

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Them rings had been in for well over 5 years, ive used the black bands and the thera band gold no problem, i use a very strong glue to keep them in, the type you have to add the hardner to it, the fork would crack 1st if you tried to unscrew them, i,ll be putting the same rings in the new one, jeff [/quote]Looks cool Jeff thats one strong glue you have there,spray painted one of the slingshots yesterday and varnished it today.making slingshots is fun isn't it.[/quote]heres a bit of fun for you, spay one black and get a tin of the sparky blue paint and lighty spay the blue tin from about 3ft, and they look brill, i done one for the grandson, jeff
[/quote]
Hmmm Sounds like it could appeal to teenagers just might try that.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Them rings had been in for well over 5 years, ive used the black bands and the thera band gold no problem, i use a very strong glue to keep them in, the type you have to add the hardner to it, the fork would crack 1st if you tried to unscrew them, i,ll be putting the same rings in the new one, jeff [/quote]Looks cool Jeff thats one strong glue you have there,spray painted one of the slingshots yesterday and varnished it today.making slingshots is fun isn't it.[/quote]heres a bit of fun for you, spay one black and get a tin of the sparky blue paint and lighty spay the blue tin from about 3ft, and they look brill, i done one for the grandson, jeff
[/quote]
Hmmm Sounds like it could appeal to teenagers just might try that.
[/quote]

I made a black one with pink sparkly paint on it, i sold it on the carboot sale to a lady who wanted it to hang on her car mirror, ha ha, our £1 shop sells all sparly colours, and they are a plastic coat on them, jeff

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Sorry about posting this here but trying to get a message to Jeff. Jeff your message box is full unable to chat to you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts