Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like carrying a frameless sling with me when I am out and about, however, I am not a huge fan of the ring style nor am I a huge fan of the continuous band style. I felt better having something I could "grab" onto and decided to try and mimic the feeling of a handle with out actually having a frame, so I gave this design a try. So far it has been really good. I tried to make it so that I wouldn't need any screws or clamps or rubber bands to connect the bands and after a few attempts decided to just make a slot that went all the way through, making the last 10mm a fairly large opening. You just slide your band through, roll the ends of the band a tad and press it into the hole and finally tug the band so the roll essentially wedges itself into place. I thought I would call it a "drop ball" since I drop the handle after every shot reload and straighten the bands. It's a weird way I do it and am not sure how to properly explain the process. I drop the handle and catch the band with my finger, I then reload with my free hand and as I load/pull the pouch, the handle slips back into my hand. I am thinking of adding weight to the handle so that it has more heft and a better hand feel. Let me know if you guys have some cool names for it.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts