Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to sell my collection after much thought and sadness.

Selling the whole collection at once would not be feasible, so I will be selling them one or two at a time on e-bay or to those individuals that contact me seeking a specific frame I may have.

My original plan was to rent a little store or space ( not in New Jersey ) and form a little museum dedicated to our favorite sport. Well, due to health conditions of both my wife and myself and financial considerations, the plan had to change.

There are other serious collectors I know of on here and other forums. Hopefully, they may someday entertain the thought of a Slingshot Museum. I think that would be great.

I'll still be here welcoming newcomers and lending aid where i can. ( I'm not terminal! ) :)

·
Ray Rowden
3,089 Posts
Oh, more news of the Double-edged sword type!

Flatband has been a reliable resource for slingshot info since I first visited this forum. Hate to think of your collection breaking up. Glad you will be sticking around!

But, hum, I was pretty sure you had a Terminal case of Slingshot Sickness years ago!

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Sorry to hear that you are selling your collection. I think I understand how you are feeling. I thought I wasn't going to beable to shoot anymore after all of the complications following my hand surgery. It was heart crushing.

I wish you and your wife all the best

Len

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
G'day Gary, sorry to hear things aren't working out. I was thinking maybe you should post a few pics of your collection, especially for the newbies that don't know what a real slingshot collection looks like!!
Hi Wombat, I do have an old 4 part video of my collection on YouTube. Punch in Flatband's videos. Should get you there. thanks Bud

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Wow! So many memories and so many Slingshots! I just watched all 4 of the videos and I'm flooded with all of the different memories and slingshots that I grew up with that you shared for everyone. We used the old metal coat hangers also, many many times :)
Lots of great memories for you obviously... You can put them on ebay, but you know that they will sell like hotcakes right here to many of us :)

·
Super Moderator
6,124 Posts
With all the comments on the vintage posts I knew you had a vast collection. Just watched your collection video - thats insanely vast (definitely beats my shoe box full). Really hope you are able to pass those on to someone who would be able to treat them with the sensitivity they deserve.

May be worth contacting Mr Bird - he may be keen to add a few to his collection.

Off hand I can only think of one or two vintage frames I'd like to have (as shooters) - Aerosling and a pin-attachment TSL (maybe an early Milbro Senior, Ejex or Deadshot)

·
Registered
929 Posts
Hello Gary,

I hope you are doing well despite the circumstances and wish you and your wife, your family all the best. Making such a decision is not easy, and I seen your earlier posts touching this topic. It has to be a struggle. I have 3 of your own shooters and enjoy them a lot, just as one your cupped pouches. Over the years I made many 3D models based on your (and N. Bird's) collection items. It is far from a real exhibition, but some of my dream frames are there. Watching your videos again pulls my strings to own a few of them.

Love Slingshots,

Take care,

Mark

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.