Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
Just wanted to show you the prize I won from ZDP-189`s 1000 post competiton. I love this beauty, the grip, bands, and finish is really nice! My new favourite
I'm so jealous that it's not even funny!

·
1,414 Posts
How comfortable is it? I can't really imagine anything being more comfortable than my PS-2!

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
How comfortable is it? I can't really imagine anything being more comfortable than my PS-2!
I'd say the PS-2 is marginally more comfortable, but it depends on how you grip it. The T1 is designed to be very small, slim and light to slip into your jeans pocket and be forgotten about as you roam the hills, drive your car, or sit in the garden, until a target presents itself and then it's close at hand. It's OK to lose it as it's cheaper to make than my carved slingshots. To make something quick to make and thin, it had to be a board cut. I use fibre reinforced resins and high tensile plastics to make the slingshots so I can make them so thin (about 3/8"). The design is also very carefully shaped to give the maximum grip from a thin board. In short, the T1 is a niche slingshot. If you want something small, then this precisely what you need. However, if you want a work of art, the epitome of the woodworker's craft, then you're looking for a PS-1(2), or an EPS. Sadly I make neither, so Norwegian Wood had to settle for a T1.

·
1,414 Posts
I'd say the PS-2 is marginally more comfortable, but it depends on how you grip it. The T1 is designed to be very small, slim and light to slip into your jeans pocket and be forgotten about as you roam the hills, drive your car, or sit in the garden, until a target presents itself and then it's close at hand. It's OK to lose it as it's cheaper to make than my carved slingshots. To make something quick to make and thin, it had to be a board cut. I use fibre reinforced resins and high tensile plastics to make the slingshots so I can make them so thin (about 3/8"). The design is also very carefully shaped to give the maximum grip from a thin board. In short, the T1 is a niche slingshot. If you want something small, then this precisely what you need. However, if you want a work of art, the epitome of the woodworker's craft, then you're looking for a PS-1(2), or an EPS. Sadly I make neither, so Norwegian Wood had to settle for a T1.
[/quote]

Have you tried making them in G10 or Carbon Fibre?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the grip of it, it`s kind of minimalistic, but safe, and it places itself the exact same way in my hand every time I grip it. I haven`t been counting the shots, but I have been shooting it for about 3 hours, and the bands still looks as good as new.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.