Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Cogito Ergo Armatum Sum
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, he told me that I would be the only one on the board with one of these, and he's correct as far as I know.

This thing is amazing! Very ingenious, and I would suspect very marketable as well.

Check it out.

Attachments

·
Cogito Ergo Armatum Sum
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And Yes, I did flip the PFS around the other way and use the wood as a grip for my fingers, and it worked better. Of course I can't shoot a PFS for C*^P and after the second time I smacked my thumb forgetting to flip till after I released, I put the parts back together and proceded to demolish a couple of recalcitrant Lone Star cans in short order. This thing Rocks, and for those that can shoot one, the wrapped tube for the PFS is a very simple and efficient system. The little bottle is a sample of the super secret slime finish, so that I can reapply as necessary.

The aluminum core is very nicely done, I don't know if it was waterjet cut or what, but not a grind mark or divot to be seen (except for a shiny new fork hit ding on the pfs.... OOPS, my bad" The woodwork is very nice and the retaining screw assembly is quite ingenious and efficient as well.

Overall, I suspect I came out very well on this trade! I'm gonna go round up a couple more beer cans in a minute, but had to come in and post about this.

James

·
Yeah I'm a predator ... so let's go huntin
188 Posts
pure genious.....and beautiful.... Wow!!
Kip

·
Over 9001 Warning Points!
2,089 Posts
That's fuc king awesome! A two fer!

·
Cogito Ergo Armatum Sum
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quite cool, but help a newbie out, what's in the jar?
At first I thought he'd sent me some sort of bizarre biological sample :) But reading the note I next assumed that it was some strange slightly cannibalistic mix of somebody named Howard, and some other stuff. After reconsidering this and consulting my personal oracle (google can be your best friend too) I discovered that he had finished the wood with a commercial wood finish called "Howards Feed N Wax" which apparently contains neither nasal secretions, nor rendered body parts,just bees wax and orange oil in an unknown ratio. Armed with this information, I was finally willing to open the bottle and give it a sniff. Oddly enough, it smelled like Anita Bryant.

Reactions: Knoll

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
That is amazing. Nice job. Never seen anything
like it.

·
Premium Member
3,050 Posts
That is one nice design. Looks like he put a lot of thought into it. I can't shot a PFS either.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Jskeen, glad it found it's way to you. Sorry about the thumb. Bandsaw, drum sanders and several trips to the hardware store. Hope she treats you well. The project was a good exercise in problem solving and the next incarnation should piece together a bit easier. In response to all the variations of cool, thanks. Also, thanks to Hrawk for the Dragon design.

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
catburn, that is truly awesome, what is the mechanism you used to hold the PFS in there? just a pin? i'd love to see more pictures of this build if you have any...

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
catburn, that is truly awesome, what is the mechanism you used to hold the PFS in there? just a pin? i'd love to see more pictures of this build if you have any...
Wood Tints and shades Art Tree Human leg Natural material Wood Art Sculpture Creative arts Brown Handwriting Wood Font Rectangle
No pictures of build. I cut 2 pieces of 1/2 oak and one piece of 1/4 aluminum into roughly Dragon shape. Then I cut the pickle out of the aluminum. It nests back in minus the saw kerf. It stays in place with the v left in the main section, friction and a 1/4 20 threaded bit from the plumbing section. Basically a bolt without a proper head. It has a hole that I put a split ring through and then added a length of 1745 to add a bit of grip. The back section of sling has a T-nut imbedded and the pickle has a tapped hole. That's how it went together. Not sure it is how I would do it again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Quite cool, but help a newbie out, what's in the jar?
At first I thought he'd sent me some sort of bizarre biological sample :) But reading the note I next assumed that it was some strange slightly cannibalistic mix of somebody named Howard, and some other stuff. After reconsidering this and consulting my personal oracle (google can be your best friend too) I discovered that he had finished the wood with a commercial wood finish called "Howards Feed N Wax" which apparently contains neither nasal secretions, nor rendered body parts,just bees wax and orange oil in an unknown ratio. Armed with this information, I was finally willing to open the bottle and give it a sniff. Oddly enough, it smelled like Anita Bryant.
[/quote]
Hilarious!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts