Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've made several slingshots in the past few weeks. A couple of straight handle ergos, a Gopher GS-2 and a Tex-Shooter replica. I ordered some bands from Tex and will not band this one up until I get them
(I can't wait!)
In the meantime I have devoloped two favorites that I always seem to shoot best with--

They are both loosely based on the Gamma design, for which I started a love-fest on the Shared Designs forum the other day. I know Dan is touchy about people modifying his design and then referencing it as his, and mine is pretty far removed (especially the black one!) so I'll call the designs Snakebite and Snakebite RS (ring shooter)
I just wanted to share since I've been shooting so well with them. The wood finish one has just been re-shaped and -finished. I ran it unfinished for over a month and it was starting to get pretty shabby. I thought about just making another one and tossing this one, but it's the first successful slingshot I made so it has sentimental value. It is running 107 rubber bands and a Trumark pouch.
The black one is wrapped in electrical tape. At first I was just going to do that as a stop gap until I got some paracord, but now that I have some paracord and realise how much I hate working with it I think I'll leave the tape. Maybe I'll upgrade to tennis racket tape someday. The pieces on the rings help me to be sure the tubes are in the same location every time. This one is running 1745 tubes, although I have a bunch of 1842 and am looking forward to trying it.
Can't wait to show off my Tex-Shooter replica as soon as I get my bands, it really turned out great!

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
very nice, i think the wrapped one is different but very cool

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.