Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,272 Posts
The boys at work and I are going up to the Kern River area to do a little fishing and get away for a few day's. I'm bringing a couple of rods and quite a few lewers to have some fun ... I may just throw some liver in the river and go for Cats, who knows ;- )

I'll take a small soft lunch container that will house slingshot ammo (BB's, 1/4", and 5/16" steel -- no need for anything bigger as I'm not going hunting per say), 3 slingshots (One Cheapo with a single 3050 for 5/16" steel, and two Chinese tube shooters with single 1030 tubes for BB's and 1/4" steel), extra tubes, shooting glasses and my shooting glove ... along with my hunting license ------ trip should be fun ;- ) The guys have been wishing I would go with them for years but this year I will go.

I'm really looking forward to an shaded area that I can shoot my sling and not be disturbed. I plan on shooting mostly BB's as they are cheap as heck, fly fast and don't make a lot of noise when they hit something.

Being the 1030 tube is a very thin single, that helps with noise too. If I was to shoot 1/4" with looped or a big single that adds to the noise level, but the tiny single 1030 holds its own with 1/4" and makes shooting 1/4" with these single tiny tubes very doable, they are darn fast and the extra 1/4" ball weight makes the shot pretty darn quiet.

The BB sling being of smaller size does not broadcast itself as a "Dangerous Weapon" ---- all very important to me living in Kalifornia. There may be signs saying no shooting of any kind (I hope not), and in that case I'm dead in the water, not going to try something stupid for sure !

Looking forward to next week.

wll

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,272 Posts
Cleaned out the Jeep, fixed the tail light, have some fresh undies, a few clean T-shirts and a couple of pairs of shorts. I know I have some clean socks somewhere;- ) The life of a life long bachelor at 72 ;- ).

The slings are all put away and the ammo is with them in a Ozark Trails soft cooler. (keep a couple of cooling blocks in to keep the rubber from getting warm) . Most of the ammo are BB's, I have a very good supply of 1/4" also and a fair amount of 5/16", as I said I don't plan on hunting, just playing around. If I should come across something pest size I may take a crack at it and that would probably be with the 1/4" ... I don't see me flinging at something bigger than an English Sparrow using single 1030's and 1/4" steel.

A pint of very high quality shine is waiting to be stowed away for the evening fire side chats ;- ) A few cans of oil and radiator fluid are in the car for good measure too. The fishing chair is in the car along with water shoes, knee high rubber boots, mosquito repellent and suntan lotion. The back is loaded with lures of all types, I'll be taking three rods, One for Cats, one light for trout and one ultra light for trout/bluegill (My little Dock Demon ... I love that little sucker and have caught some good size bass on that bad boy) ?.

My phone battery charger is good to go along with a small flashlight and a small utility knife.

wll

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.