Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past Saturday we had high winds, which caused the electric wire that feeds our house from the utility pole to short out due to the lines rubbing against a tree. We were awakened by our smoke detector going off. The hallway was full of smoke, which sent a million thoughts going through my head. After checking things out I discovered it had burnt the circuit boards and basically the rest of the inner workings of our furnace. Thankfully we have portable heaters to keep the house warm, since it will take 4 weeks to get all the parts in to fix the furnace. I was asked how I could be so thankful at a time like this????

Pros. House didn't burn, we didn't get injured, we still have a heat source, didn't have to move in with my favorite Mother In Law????????????

Cons. It's just a furnace???? that's the only con I can think

I would explain why it is taking 4 weeks to get the parts, but It's due to something I cannot control.

·
Super Moderator
6,543 Posts
Close one Bud-glad youse are okay!

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Oh my! A blessing for sure...also scary!

Tag, you have developed your awas reness, kindness and gratitude to a level I aspire to.

I cannot express in text how happy I am that you and your family are okay.

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I found out yesterday that it ruined the furnace, so we get to buy a new furnace, I’m extremely fortunate to live in our small town, where we still look out for each other The utility company sent out an amazing group of people to repair our lines. I have the utmost respect for anyone who works in a job where it’s usually a bad situation that brings them into our lives. I’m also very fortunate to have a heater to keep us warm, and the Forum to keep me reminded life is awesome.

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Thank God you guys are alright, God protects in so many ways that we don’t even see, and I think sometimes he lets something like this to happen just to remind us He’s still watching.

·
SLING-N-SHOT
3,730 Posts
Tag, so very glad you and the family are safe.,and also hope it is repaired soon for y'all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
955 Posts
Tag, sorry about your furnace. I am grateful you and your family are okay though and have heat. Kudo's to finding the silver lining in unfortunate situations. I have heard it said that without thankfulness and gratefulness, happiness is not possible. You are a constant and great reminder to stay positive and be thankful for all the little blessing in our lives.

Reactions: Tag
1 - 16 of 16 Posts