Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello SlingshotForum friends!!!

Any of you folks fancy a giveaway?? :) I've decided to carve a new BB shooter and I'm gonna give it away. For that, I just have a question:

What kind of wood (tree) is this one?

The first member who gives the correct answer wins this BB shooter that I'm carving currently (only in the first stages in the pictures). Besides the type of wood or name of the tree from which this fork came of, you can write whatever you like about natural slingshots on your post.

I'll write a "stopper" post when someone has given the correct answer. So, keep an eye on the thread to check if you've won ;)

I don't know if the the thread will be short or long. But if it becomes a longer one and the correct answer will not be achieved, I'll be giving some clues. But I guess you guys will be hitting the answer very soon. After all, you know your wood! :D

Just one more thing: I don't have an official or forensic proof of the type of wood to present online. I only know from which type of tree I've harvested it. And I am DEAD sure of it!! You guys just have to trust me :D

Thanks for watching and participating!!

Best regards ...Q

Wood Tool Knife Material property Utility knife
Wood Knife Tree Utility knife Blade

P.S. For a better and cleaner view, just click on the pictures and they will be on its fullest size.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might it be Cork Oak? The tree that gave our friend his clever name, Quercus Suber? :wave:
My friend, MANY THANKS for participating!!

Well, NO, it isn't my dear old cork oak :yeahright: (although I have some forks up my sleeve to carve in the next times)

This reminds me to post some more rules (they keep coming as I read new posts)

- Only 1 ANSWER can be written per post

- If your answer is declined (i.e., considered incorrect or invalid), you can always write again in a new post another answer

Cheers ...Q

Reactions: Ibojoe

·
Registered
5,118 Posts

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
We have a winner!!!!

I knew this thread was going to be short :) You folks know your wood!!

...and the winner is:

:banana: :banana: TREEFORK :banana: :banana:

Yes, I'm carving an orange tree fork (Citrus family), which makes Mr. Treefork the winner of my BB shooter. Technically, the wood is the same as the lemon tree, as Treefork as posted above, which makes him a twofold winner!!! :D

Sorry I can't make a BB shooter for every participant on the thread (perhaps in a not so distant future, upon my retirement from work :D )

Thank you for watching this and take part on this silly game!!

As for Treefork, I will get in touch with him to settle the delivery details. I'm starting to carve his tiny fork as we speak!!

Best regards...

Q

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Scotch Broom (Cytisus scoparius)
No, my friend. It is orange tree wood. The winner was already announced.

It was Treefork!!

By the way, the shrub you're referring is very common in Portugal also. I've made slingshots with it in the past. And its bark is very similar to an orange tree branch. The thing with Scotch Broom is that you have to let dry the harvested forks very well and for a long time. It is prone to cracking when worked in its "green" phase.

Best regards ...Q

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
We have a winner!!!!

I knew this thread was going to be short :) You folks know your wood!!

...and the winner is:

:banana: :banana: TREEFORK :banana: :banana:

Yes, I'm carving an orange tree fork (Citrus family), which makes Mr. Treefork the winner of my BB shooter. Technically, the wood is the same as the lemon tree, as Treefork as posted above, which makes him a twofold winner!!! :D

Sorry I can't make a BB shooter for every participant on the thread (perhaps in a not so distant future, upon my retirement from work :D )

Thank you for watching this and take part on this silly game!!

As for Treefork, I will get in touch with him to settle the delivery details. I'm starting to carve his tiny fork as we speak!!

Best regards...

QHey great idea you had. Fun!

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Q ! This really made my day . :bowdown:
Anytime, my friend!!!

All folks here deserve my equal respect and admiration. Aside that, let me say that you are a master in accuracy and one of my inspirations in this hobby.

So, I'm very happy in sending you this tiny shooter :D Please, my friend, count two to three weeks for arriving at your home (If I can, I'll post it in the end of this week)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you already a recipient of one of my BB shooters??? If yes, LOL!!! What a coincidence :D

Best regards ...Q

1 - 20 of 37 Posts