Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Production slingshots are inferior to natties, in my limited experience. With a natty, you can go shoot and forget about your bands coming loose. It's not gonna happen! You can forget about the noise you encountered with your production slingshots. Natties are much quieter. If a production slingshot doesn't fit your hand, you're out of luck. However, you can build a natty that does fit. So, your accuracy is going to be improved. Yep, in the experiences I've had, I'd say the natty is two to three times better than the production slingshots! Ok, I've said it! The cat's out of the bag!

Joe

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
I agree that nattys are better than most production frames...and some of my favourite frames are carved naturals. But......there's something to be said about a custom fork tailored to your hand with precision flat tips and has some weight to it:)
Yeah, well, there's that too I suppose......
I didn't mean that the way it sounded lol. For example here's a "natty" carved by one of my very best friends and it's one of my all time favourite frames;) Wood Natural material Artifact Still life photography Metal

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'm only supposing ... do most of the guys who prefer natty's grew up with slingshots & it's kind of a tribute to one's youth ? I picked up ss's later in life & never was exposed to it when I was younger, so I have no frame of reference to making natty's. I do prefer wood ss's to plastic versions, but more of the laminated sculpted kind. Hey, it's all good, just sorry I missed out on natty's when I was a kid..

·
Registered
617 Posts
I like very much the precision of all my non natty
S shots thank you very much.
The only natty I spent way to much time finding and shaping shot poorly, probably due to my lack
of understanding ,I assume.
Taking nothing away from those who like.
I will admit have seen some beautiful craftsmanship here but know for me time much better spent shooting.
Will add sure like fiber optic sights also made with
Close tolerance specs that can be easily adjusted from band set to the next.
Where I live odds of meeting anyone
Else who even shoots s shots let alone
nattys so will never get chance to
Shoot a nice natty, my lose sure.
Just a question.
Are guys and gals using nattys in competitions?
ukj

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No competition shooting for me. My first slingshot was a Victor Model 20. With Flatband's gum rubber bands, it shoots great! However, the floor plate can pop off and spill the contents inside the handle, due to recoil at the shot. An easy fix, with a drop of glue, but I still demoted it. My 2nd was a Wrist Rocket. It wears Trumark tapered red bands and shoots fine. Still, it's inferior to my natties, so I demoted it. Then, I tried a couple of modern, competition designs, they were noisy, and the bands broke prematurely, so I demoted them. Relegated them all to the junk box and went with beautiful natties that are super quiet shooting, accurate, no hand slap, and the bands just go and go like the Energizer bunny!

Joe

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'm curious - how could a natty be quieter than any other frame ? Are the flat bands used on traditional natty's different ? It just doesn't make sense to me if modern flat bands are being used on both ... thx

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.