Slingshots Forum banner

Natty pfs in the works

2K views 43 replies 14 participants last post by  31610 
#1 ·
Well it’s a little wonky but it’s is a natty haha . One frame I don’t have is a natural pfs so thought I give it a go. I hind sight I should flattened out the forks first than drilled my hole not sure I can get it to much better . Maybe take some more off the throat of the right side on the shooters side . But it has grown on me it’s bin in and out the burn box couple times but I keep pulling it out and doing more work ???? it’s definitely going to be one of a kind good or bad I going to finish it . Cheers guys I don’t normally fly by the seat of my pant but I am winging it

Attachments

See less See more
#27 ·
Thats a really nice piece, I love the grain pattern and the smooth sanding. That crack at the bottom though gives me some worry.
thanks man . I got a thin piece of shim stock think it was .05 mm very think and I packed the two cracks with 2 part epoxy . The cracks r not going anywhere if u think about it not really any different than glueing wood together . I made a lot of scaled frames with oak scales and 10mm plywood core never had a problem. It sucks that the cracks r there but this is just a first run natural pfs natty for me . I never really got the shape I was hoping for to start and the cracks . I never sell or trade it to anyone it's mine and if I ever noticed the cracks moving up the handle I just stop using it but that ever happenings is very unlikely. Haha just Wait for my second try it be a better piece of wood .

#31 ·
Wood filler should do the trick to hide those, and stop it from moving further. It's not like you will be jumping on it though so no worries.
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
dang I never even thought about wood filler opps . I packed them with epoxy and already had frame in a bag of tung oil for 12 hours it's hanging to dry now . Think I might do in ca so it will be bullet proof anyway with character lol .Thanks m8

#32 ·
Wood filler should do the trick to hide those, and stop it from moving further. It's not like you will be jumping on it though so no worries.
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
dang I never even thought about wood filler opps . I packed them with epoxy and already had frame in a bag of tung oil for 12 hours it's hanging to dry now . Think I might do in ca so it will be bullet proof anyway with character lol .Thanks m8
I recently learned about G-flex. You can go over the whole thing with a thin layer. It will not cover or change the finish and harden your catty.

#33 ·
Ya gflex is good stuff but it’s very expensive I only use that on special stuff . I use dollar store crazy glue just put some nitrate gloves on and spread around frame let cure do that about 8 times and don’t breath or touch with skin u will get a white spot . After u build up start sanding back I start at 320 but sand lite and watch once u get the low spots out keep going up in grits but sand lite . Go to 2000 grit than hit on buffing wheel with green stick it will be as hard as a chickens lips and clear as glass trust me I have done a lot of frames like this .

#36 ·
Well it’s not bad feels good should shoot ok . Think I grab the head torch and try it out ????

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.