Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what I made from the thick fork I mentioned in a previous thread. Original plan was to slab it and then try to make an Island Made Dorian, but I had to cut too much off to get it to fit the 4" throw of the bandsaw. I was already working on two bamboo board wide gap opfs frames (also an IM template based on original Dgui opfs), so I used that template.

It's far from perfect, but my best effort so far. Has a couple of bandsaw scars that I just couldn't sand enough to remove totally, so I'm just calling it rustic and leaving it at that! I was going to use Teak oil for a finish, but the grain was nothing special, so I stained it and then applied three coats of satin poly. Feels great but kind of wish I left it natural. Using the swell on the finger side and it really locks in place. It was a good learning experience and overall I'm pretty pleased with the results. Looks much better when in the hand. Thanks for looking!

Plant Wood Rectangle Gesture Trunk

Water Wood String instrument String instrument accessory Happy

Wood Rectangle Trunk Art Font

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.