Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I completely missed the whole Bark on Natty competition, but it still didnt stop me from making one anyway. Here’s a red maple frame that I simply cut to size, sanded smooth, put two coats of enamel on and banded up. The whole thing took less than an hour to make. It’s rigged with.40 latex, and one of flatband’s cupped pouches. It’s got an “old timey” feel that I just love, and it slings marbles like a bat outta hades. I gave it away to a friend that is interested in shooting. Now I wish I’d have kept it lol. Oh well, there’s plenty more where this one came from.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I know I completely missed the whole Bark on Natty competition, but it still didnt stop me from making one anyway. Here's a red maple frame that I simply cut to size, sanded smooth, put two coats of enamel on and banded up. The whole thing took less than an hour to make. It's rigged with.40 latex, and one of flatband's cupped pouches. It's got an "old timey" feel that I just love, and it slings marbles like a bat outta hades. I gave it away to a friend that is interested in shooting. Now I wish I'd have kept it lol. Oh well, there's plenty more where this one came from.
That thing is badass my friend, excellent job!

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know I completely missed the whole Bark on Natty competition, but it still didnt stop me from making one anyway. Here's a red maple frame that I simply cut to size, sanded smooth, put two coats of enamel on and banded up. The whole thing took less than an hour to make. It's rigged with.40 latex, and one of flatband's cupped pouches. It's got an "old timey" feel that I just love, and it slings marbles like a bat outta hades. I gave it away to a friend that is interested in shooting. Now I wish I'd have kept it lol. Oh well, there's plenty more where this one came from.
That thing is badass my friend, excellent job!
Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
Thanks buddy!

·
Registered
612 Posts
With all our injection molding and fancy metalwork, it's easy to forget the simplicity and charm of a nice comfy natural. Not much better than finding one that fits just right. Natural latex and a leather pouch complete the picture.

Now I have an itch to make another natural, it's been a while...!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
With all our injection molding and fancy metalwork, it's easy to forget the simplicity and charm of a nice comfy natural. Not much better than finding one that fits just right. Natural latex and a leather pouch complete the picture.
Now I have an itch to make another natural, it's been a while...!
That is so true! Like I always say; ya can't beat a good ol natty!
Make sure you post pics of yours when it's finished

1 - 20 of 23 Posts