Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Walking with the Dog, I always look for forks. I found this one on a low branch that had no leaves so I figured it was already dry.
Basically I just peeled the bark and sanded it smooth. I sanded to 220 and the added BLO and continued sanding with the 220.
The symmetry is perfect and it should make a great little shooter.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cherry! Man, both tines come off perfectly. I haven't found a fork that symmetrical. Most of my finds, one tine comes off antigoggled.
Ha! That's why I grabbed it. I was thinking about making a post the other day while only finding 2 suitable forks from 1/2 an Oak tree on the ground. About what trees may have the best forks.

I have access to endless forks but most are at extreme angles or one fork is 3 times larger that the other.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Cherry! Man, both tines come off perfectly. I haven't found a fork that symmetrical. Most of my finds, one tine comes off antigoggled.
Ha! That's why I grabbed it. I was thinking about making a post the other day while only finding 2 suitable forks from 1/2 an Oak tree on the ground. About what trees may have the best forks.

I have access to endless forks but most are at extreme angles or one fork is 3 times larger that the other.
Yeah me too. Thinking about hitting the desert here in Az. Looking for some palo verde and mesquite but first I gotta get over this slingbow kick that I'm on. :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts