Slingshots Forum banner

Natural Fork Tejocote

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  JOS 
#1 ·
Tons que Resorteros!

This catty some know it, was the winner of a competition organized by one member of forum and friend Gopher, is trying to compete with one piece, exclusively carved with a knife, (only allowed us to use a hand saw to make the cross sections, Gopher bad! very bad! lol!) not sandpaper.

After much thought, I decided to complete the finish I usually give my sling, so it looks it in its real beauty of the wood grain,

Here some pictures of the process and its appearance in brut forge

Here with the sponsor awards (Pop Shot and Gopher)

See less See more
#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
Holy Crap!!

Not that it is crap. Or a wonderful poetic phrase in compliment to how stunning the wood looks from the shaping, but that is what came out of my mouth after my eyes saw how beautiful that is. It is a compliment in itself because I think I did crap myself seeing the transformation the sanding made.

Love the knife too. It has a profile I am strongly drawn to in a knife plus the handle embellishments of wood and (horn/antler ?).

#11 ·
Muchas gracias a todos mis resorteros amigos, Brandon, Mark, Adam, Reecemurg, tnflipper, Bob, Bill, and RayShot very nice all

@ RayShot: You're right, the handle is made Tepehuaje wood, complete with horn sheep. and was made from an old file.

#12 ·
Chepo, muy bueno amigo.
Philly

#15 ·
Ora mai, ni parece la mesma recua. Aste sí, le sabe a la destreza de la maderuca y no la fantasia del mugreshop. Oiga y ya puedo pasar pa' la botana y si puede, saque unos taconcitos de teluca, o sino, guamas, estarían bien. Sí o unico que va a haber es pulquito... mmmm voy otro dia. Saludos

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.