Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started work on this one about a hour ago...

·
Registered
606 Posts
That looks a bit of a beast

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DH it's black birch. at least I'm 90% sure it is.. it's on the far left of this picture still on the end of a 6 ft staff I'm going to make into a walking staff for my girl..

·
Here to help and learn
781 Posts
Looks nice and strong from here, and probably a pretty comfortable shooter, can't wait until you finish this one!

I'm guessing you won't step out of your box this time either huh??

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
DH it's black birch. at least I'm 90% sure it is.. it's on the far left of this picture still on the end of a 6 ft staff I'm going to make into a walking staff for my girl..
That's black birch? I have a tree growing out back that looks just like that, but i thought it was wild cherry. There was one growing up next to it about 2-inches in diameter that died and I made a hiking stick with it too. I thought the birch that looks like that had a sort of licorice smell to it?

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
That actually resembles some of mine as I have recently taken to having a half-fork/half-handle size ratio for mine. As I shoot fork-supported with my "sweet spot" about one inch below the fork tips this allows me a much large fork to shoot stones and such through while at the same time keeping the slingshot exactly the same size. It sounds very basic but this sort of fork as he has pictured will allow a shooter to have a pocket-fittable slingshot that has a full-size fork. No more struggling with mini-slingshots for me.

Looks like a good one HG and hope it works out good for you.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I could be wrong DH I'm no expert. We do have a stand of birch near where - picked it up and the bark was real similar, there wasn't much smell when I was stripping it but it had been down the better part of a year and was very dry. What ever it is I like it very hard with a nice weight.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
put tubes on it today, shoots really well..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.