Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a blast with the naturals recently. Here are a few that i have made lately. The fork on the far left is pecan and is currently my all time favorite shooter. The next one to the right is dogwood and i was amazed at how smooth the finish comes out with this wood, almost like bone- great shooter too. The frame to the left of the antler shooter is also dogwood and carved to be an ergo. I used a walnut colored danish oil to darken up the grain.

Hope you enjoy. I sure enjoyed making them and can't get enough of shooting them.

Attachments

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,144 Posts
You make me want to spend more time finishing out my slingshots so they would look almost as good as yours. WOW !

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
That's a great and fine spread, as good as any I've seen. The one in the center is absolutely fantastic and your love and understanding of wood is very evident. Those are top-notch pieces that far eclipse anything that I have done or am capable of!

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you. Is there a "blushing" emoticon?? I am happy to share with folks who appreciate and understand.

Be on the look out in the next few days for a "character" fork of bi-colored dogwood. It is shaping up to be a unique and awesome shooter.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Great job. Nice forks. You are making really beautiful forks. Saludos,

·
Registered
213 Posts
You've taken naturals one step ahead
, ..................some outstanding shooters there , .......I like the ones with the perfectly matching fingergrooves best

welldone , .........greetz , Holzwurm

·
Here to help and learn
781 Posts
That group is really awesome Flip, every one is both uniquely well made....

You are a man of skill, and I have to say my naturals fall far short of that caliber of work. The more the merrier, and that is a fistful of slingshot fun, and natural beauty.

I commend you for turning out such great naturals, they'll last you a lifetime and I'm sure you'll get loads of enjoyment from them through the duration.

Cheers - John

I have to say, it is hard to narrow it down, the 2 ergos and the antler are my favorite, but I still love them all!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.