Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recieved my red #32 5X5X5 from Jmp today, Thanks Jamie. I finished putting the Gypsy Tabs on last week. wrapped them in Waxed Dental Floss and then gave the threads a coating of clear nail polish to seal them. I ordered some Red Dacron 50 bow string serving but it hasn't arrived yet so I just put a wrap of red electrical tape on the forks to replicate what it will look like when finished. Anyone wanting to make an authentic Old School Natural, check out the great tutorial that Nico put together. It walks you through each step.

Well, 10 minutes after the bands arrived I was outside ready to shoot. First impression was better than what I expected having tried some cheap #64's from Wally World. The Red #32's shoot very flat and accurate. At ten meters, I hit a tennis ball 7/10 not bad for a totally new sling set up. I did notice that I could not quite reach my full draw before the bands bottomed out but shot very flat at 10 meters with good power with .375 lead. I Like it alot, will continue to work with it and see if I can get a Squriell this week. Thanks again to Jmp and Nico for all the encouragement and help.
Philly

Attachments

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
Those are some sharp-looking elastics you've got there...........

I haven't killed anything with them but the impact marks left by marbles and various leads on seasoned oak wood I would imagine they'd do it fine. Look at Nico's rabbit he recently killed and that was with some four-per's casting a pretty good-sized pebble. It crushed the skull of that rabbit and had plenty of cast to do its job with 20% less material.

Like I said earlier if they survive the break-in period they'll go for a good long time. Enjoy!

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jamie, thank's, would have given up on the chains after my first attempt with the cheap #64's if it weren't for your and Nico's encouragement.
Thanks again.
Philly

·
Registered
606 Posts
Well done Philly, that looks amazing.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
What's the brand on the Red #32's ?

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
Brad, you have to ask JMPSP, he graciously made me two sets. I was about to give up on them when I made a set of 4X4X4 in #64 Staples bands, combo of me doing a crappy job on them and not near powerful enough. The Red #32's are very good. Only neg comment is that at less than my 28 inch draw they bottom out so I had to adjust my anchor to my chin instead of my cheek bone. Like them, will shoot them tomorrow and see how they perform and hold up. So far, so good, power and accuracy fine for hunting. Pretty heavy pull, a little like A+ Hunter bands.
Philly

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RESORTERA..... My apologies to all my Hispanic brothers for the mispelling.
Philly

·
Resigned
729 Posts
Philly,

That is a beautiful resortera you got there.. I told you those good red rubberbands have some serious punch to them..
That recent rabbit is not the first to die from the chained red #32 rubberbands, another rabbit I killed in August was shot from a lot futher than the 25 feet of this last one. The first was killed with a head shot at 20 yards so I know those chained reds are powerful stuff for being rubberbands.

Most things usually die when hit by a projecticle from the good chains like these just as long as you use good weighted ammo and try for vital areas your set

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Caray! Philly, JMP y Nico ya se me está antojando probar ese metodo para ver "Que tal me asienta" como decimos aca en mi rancho jaja!

Wow! Philly, JMP and Nico and I fancy trying this method is to see "What about strikes me" as we say here in my town lol!

Looks great that resorteronta my friend Philly

@ Nico; Será que esas se consigan fácil por aca Nico? cual es su nombre comercial y donde las busco? Ah! y donde está tu tuto para echarle un lente.

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the compliments. Coming from the likes of Nico, JMP, and Chepo I am honored. Thanks guys for the help and encouragement. Guys like you all and many, many others are what makes this forum the best out there.
Philly

·
Resigned
729 Posts
@ Nico; Será que esas se consigan fácil por aca Nico? cual es su nombre comercial y donde las busco? Ah! y donde está tu tuto para echarle un lente.
Mi Chepo en este clave llegas al tuto http://jacksshed.myf.../about6133.html

Estas ligas eran mas comunes en los 1980s son ligas fuertes y en cadena sale un resorte con buen velocidad.

Hoy en nuestro tiempo las he conseguido en tiendas de pistolas tira ligas, son ligas de buen calidad. http://www.rubberban...com/catalog.htm

Cuando yo era un morrito conseguia las ligas rojas del chavo que dejaba los periodicos en el Barrio donde fui criado en el condado de Los Angeles en Norwalk. Sumiso es el tiempo que he utilizado las ligas encadenadas para hacer mis recuas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.