Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Slingshot Forum friends!!!!

I present to you my latest natural. I was intending on experimenting with a new batch of TBG that I've order online and with a different kind of fork/band attachment than those I use most of the time. So this one came out. My intention was to carve a very small, round fork tip with a kind of "peghead" feel to it and leave the fork tips low, for less torque force upon release.

This one was carved on a very hard piece of Holm Oak (Quercus ilex) so I didn't even bothered to "epoxi" some cracks on its handle. Believe me, this piece could be run over by a truck!! It is incredibly hard and strong.

The band is my customary TBG cut for 5 grams glass marbles, but it seems a tad too strong for this ammo (I guess this TBG batch was a little thicker than some I've used before)

Finished with linseed oil and natural beeswax.

Hope you folks like it!!!

Cheers ...Q

DSC01736.JPG

DSC01734.JPG DSC01740.JPG DSC01743.JPG DSC01751.JPG DSC01756.JPG DSC01759.JPG DSC01760.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a beautiful frame. You are a mastercarver! That looks like perfect craftsmanship... Love it!!!
Many thanks for your KIND comment, my friend!!! You're awesome!!!

Best regards ...Q

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You've done it again ! Amazing . :bowdown:
MANY THANKS, my friend!!! You're very kind!!!!

This one was a kind of experimental slingshot, one for testing. Mainly because of the fork tips design.

But it turned out good enough for presentation :)

I've tested it today, with good results (although today was very windy for outdoor shooting)

Best regards ...Q

Marvelous.
Thank you so much, Ordo!!!

Cheers ...Q

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another beauty! I really like the way that one turned out!
Many thanks for your feedback, my friend!!!

This one was an experiment. I wanted to test this slim waist design and, mainly, this kind of fork tips.

More tests tomorrow, outdoor, if weather allows it :)

Cheers ...Q

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Qman you are an extremely talented craftsman
Oh, my friend...Really don't know what to say!!

THANK YOU very much for your feedback and support!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: I'm glad you've liked it :)

These are the real incentives for keeping up this hobby. I guess I can say I'm happy in doing these slingshots, only for the pure pleasure of seeing my works finished and shoot with them.

Best regards ...Q

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Love the peg head forks, nice and low. Awesome job my friend!
Thank you so much, my friend!!! :wave:

Yes, I'm trying peg head forks now. In my next work I'll try to come up with a different design from this one.

Best regards ...Q

Very very nice work there!
Many thanks for your awesome reply, my friend!!!!

I'm glad you've liked it!!

Best regards ...Q

Beautiful...nice form
Thank you so much, Grandpa Pete!!! :)

Cheers ...Q

1 - 20 of 26 Posts