Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings SlingshotForum friends!!

After a long, long time of slingshot-carving abstinence, I've decided to present my work again here on the forum. Many things have happened in my live since, but my passion for slingshots has endured. Now, a window of opportunity has appeared before me to make again slingshots and to keep the hobby alive and flowing. I've been challenged by a friend from Iceland (which has spent his vacations in Portugal for the past 2 years and he is a friend of my uncle) to make him a natural slingshot. I've introduced him to the hobby whilst spending some time in my uncle's house. I could see he had some natural skill for shooting and aiming and he was excited by the idea of receiving one of my slingshots to have some fun in his homeland. So, I took up some courage and time and started this one, the "Fjord" slingshot. Seems a very simple work, and it is, but, believe me, it took me some time and dedication to do it, accordingly to my current lifestyle. Sometimes I'm under the impression that I'm not master of my own time. I guess you folks know what I'm saying...

All carved by hand from a natural fork of sycamore (Acer pseudoplatanus), it was finished with my customary linseed oil/beeswax combination. It sports some TBG bands for 5 grams glass marbles.

Hope you guys enjoy again watching my very simple work.

I'm hopping to post many more times on the forums.

Thank you all for watching, my friends!!

Cheers... Q

Plant Wood Trunk Natural material Tree
Wood Human leg Font Art Metal
Plant Human body Wood Natural material Tree
Human body Wood Natural material Human leg Close-up
Bone Wood Trunk Natural material Soil
Leaf Organism Wood Natural material Terrestrial plant
Plant Branch Organism Wood Terrestrial plant
Natural environment Organism Wood Natural landscape Terrestrial plant
Organism Natural landscape Terrestrial plant Mushroom Plant

Attachments

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beautiful work as always! It is good to hear from you again.
Thank you so much for watching, my friend!!

You're very kind. I'm planning to spend more time in here again to show my shooters from time to time :)

Cheers...Q

Extremely well done. :)

I do hope you'll find the time for more; it's good to see you back.
I'm so glad to read your words, sir!!

Thank you so much for watching!

Hope my inspiration flows again for this hobby (never vanished though. I always take time to shoot my slingshots two or three times per week. Only thing was that I've stopped to carve new shooters)

Best regards...Q

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Love those curves and angles, beautifully crafted
Thank you so much, my friend!!
I'm starting to carve some shooters again. I guess it did went well for this "comeback" work.
Best regards...Q
I think you can count this as an amazing comeback and looking forward to seeing many more ????

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Beautiful craftsmanship, glad your back
Hello my friend!!! Glad to see an old "face" :)

Hope everything's fine! And many thanks for the feedback!!

Best regards...Q

Reactions: Ibojoe

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well your skills haven't gone away . Welcome back Q Man !
Oh sir!! How are you, my friend??

Thank you so much for liking my work. You're a true legend of the hobby and it is indeed an honour for me to have your feedback!

Best regards ...Q

Reactions: Ibojoe

·
Super Moderator
6,192 Posts
Ola Q!

Great to see you turning out some of your awesome frames again (as mentioned - I do covert your work) - I need to get some of that Portuguese sandpaper...

BTW - will be looking to move back to PT in the next few months so I am close to the kids - we should definitely meet up again - get to flinging some stuff.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts