Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings SlingshotForum friends!!

Here's my latest natural frame, carved out from a small piece of yew wood (Taxus baccata) offered to me as a surprise by the honourable member Tony the Slinger. Here's the topic I've posted about our trade: https://slingshotforum.com/topic/120682-a-trade-gift-review/

Since the fork wasn't too big, I've decided to carve it for a BB shooter or a small ammo slingshot, with very simple features. I've finished it with linseed oil and natural beeswax.

I've named it in honour of our late member and slingshot afficionado Oldmiser, which has departed from our company last year.

Wherever you are, sir, I know you're chucking them marbles for sure!!

Thanks for watching!!!

Q

Wood Trunk Natural material Hardwood Tree
Wood Natural material Trunk Spoon Terrestrial plant
Wood Plant Trunk Pelican Beak
Plant Flower Wood Trunk Terrestrial plant
Musical instrument Human body Wood Bone Kitchen utensil
Hand tool Tool Wood Tree Plant
Wood Basic pump High heels Sandal Font

Attachments

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not only that your frames are fantastic, but you can surpass yourself too!

I looove this one!

cheers jazz
My friend, first of all, I wish you and yours a HAPPY 2020!!!

And THANK YOU so much for such kind words!! I'm glad you've liked it!!

Best regards ...Q

Good call!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Many thanks my friend!!

Love your avatar (Is it a shepherd's sling, is it not?)

Cheers ...Q

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Geeze you do beautiful work!! I am just in awe. Every time you post a photo of one of your slings I think it's the prettiest that I have seen.
Oh sir... THANK YOU so much for such an undeserving, yet rewarding feedback!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I try to do the best I can while having fun. I only make my simple frames whenever I feel making them. Perhaps I could never be a vendor this way!! :)

But I still have the passion for the sport!!

Best regards ...Q

The frame is lovely and so is your dedication. I think of him often.
Thank you so much, Alfred!!

As a mere fact, I've decided to name it "Oldmiser" because I was scrolling through some of my past threads and topics and I saw a few of Oldmiser's comments.

Made me thinking about the bonding of our slingshot community and the shortness of life.

As you, I think of this once in a while. Tend to do it as I get older :)

Best regards ...Q

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What an awesome thing to do! I'm sure he would love it. And what's not to love? It's gorgeous!! Well done my friend
Didn't know him in person, but he was a part of our community. That makes him a kind of brother.

I would sure give away my collection just to have him alive. I guess we all have our time, don't we?

MANY THANKS for your comment, sir!!

Cheers ...Q

A beautiful tribute and a beautiful frame!! Well done!
Thank you so much, my friend!!! :wave:

Best regards ...Q

Thank you very much for the feedback, sir!

Cheers ...Q

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
A great frame in honor of a great man! :bouncy:

I talked to Roger a lot and he was truly a good man to the core. He always had positive things to say and was always keeping busy tinkering with something. I never heard him say anything negative.

I will cherish the things he sent me and I just can't erase the 50 PMs he sent me, nor the letters he sent. I wish I could find out what happened to his possessions, I know he liked everything he did and he didn't have much for family. I hope it ended up in good hands.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A great frame in honor of a great man! :bouncy:

I talked to Roger a lot and he was truly a good man to the core. He always had positive things to say and was always keeping busy tinkering with something. I never heard him say anything negative.

I will cherish the things he sent me and I just can't erase the 50 PMs he sent me, nor the letters he sent. I wish I could find out what happened to his possessions, I know he liked everything he did and he didn't have much for family. I hope it ended up in good hands.
My goodness, sir. What a story indeed.

Looks like he was a good and wise man. Such is life: one minute we're talking about what bring us close (slingshots), the next one we're vanished from the Internet and the real world.

Just hope he has found peace wherever he may be.

Thanks for watching, my friend!

Cheers ...Q

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A beautiful sling and a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing.
Beautiful work and a great tribute to our friend and brother, Oldmiser.
Awesome frame and tribute!
Amazing craftsmanship and a heartfelt tribute
MANY THANKS for the kind comments, my friend!!

I'm glad you've liked it. Here's to our friend Oldmiser, may its spirit be always remembered.

Best regards ...Q

1 - 20 of 21 Posts