Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was out walking on my property and they're on the ground with big neon signs pointing at it said look natural Bone Grip Slingshot
Picked it up and I'll be dang it fits my hand just about right I think with some trimming and some sanding this actually will make a good slingshot
But I'm no expert but it sure feels good in the hand
And yes I do wash my hands and" not all " of those cuts and bruises are from my PFS yes some lol
Clearing trees is hard work and I am on my hands and knees more than I am on my feet not of my own will Sometimes
Lol
So when I have a break because I need one I run in and play with my slingshotS

Attachments

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I know it's not a traditional handle but either is a Bone Grip it actually I think it's going to make a cool sling to play with some light bands heck it does lock in your hand pretty good trim down the forks lower the thumb Area a tad little sanding Purdy it up some might be able to handle some good bands

Someone asked me why I don't wear gloves
Mom - wear your gloves all the time your hands will always be nice - "emotional response ,feel good,"
Dad - don't wear your gloves unless absolutely necessary build up calluses you will never need gloves if you forget them No big deal -" logical thinking "
Lol
Unless you're Margaret thatcher you have a hard time getting my vote as a woman because men are from Mars and women are from Venus or something like that , just think you need a logical thinking to run a country not emotional thinking
Just me !!!
All that over some dirty hands Lol sorry
Right now it is storming outside stronger than it has all year wind is ripping snow like I've never seen

But hell yes I do think this can be made into a slingshot if not I'm going to attempt it and then set it on the wall look at it

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This will work
Sand by index finger get that knob out-of-the-way and it really fits in your hand pretty nice
If I can get them forks all lined up at right height and thick enough for band s
think it'll work
I can keep lowering them forks and make a LBS out of it maybe
Opfs kinda big for that
Going to play with it hips not right for working so play time

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
This will work
Sand by index finger get that knob out-of-the-way and it really fits in your hand pretty nice
If I can get them forks all lined up at right height and thick enough for band s
think it'll work
I can keep lowering them forks and make a LBS out of it maybe
Opfs kinda big for that
Going to play with it hips not right for working so play time
Don't have to go too short. You can use wide bands. Just fold them in half (like when tying pouch on) and attach them to the forks. Make the fold in the same direction as they are attached to the pouch. Works perfectly.

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love that smell .
I always do every time I cut wood now Are bone because cocobolo wood dust almost killed me
Came in one night about midnight sanding on a knife handle Wife asked me if I was OK I looked at her and said yeah just fine she said go look in the mirror
Before I could get to the hospital my airways were closing up Doctor said I had five minutes when we got there he said no more Cocobolo wood not even one more time it will kill you ! The only thing I've been allergic to in my whole life
no other woods nothing but I still wear the mask just in case lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts