Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Performed an unintended trick shot today not to be repeated or recommended.

I decided to give the thistles a rest and had a go at pruning this beast that was partially blocking the path. Had been pruning already and was reasonably zeroed in, so as it turned out hit it dead on second shot with a 9.5mm (3/8") steel.

Then nature intervened, the steel came back faster than I could see it and hit a drinks can swinging in the catch box on the ground box next to me.

First thought was a fork hit but no Mark's, so checked my target and sure enough had hit my mark. A reminder that nature is always unpredictable. But did appeal to my sense of humor

Attachments

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
My goodness, sir!! Have you encounter steel veggies on the forest?? :)

What could have happened?? Dangerous indeed.

I've had some similar "trick shots" like yours, bouncing and ricocheting in the most odd manners.

But not a single one hit a can on its way back!! :D

Stay safe, my friend!!

Q

·
Neophyte
2,122 Posts
That is when you look around and pray someone got it on video lol. J/K nice shot though but them RTS shots are a spooky thing to experience. :)

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
My goodness, sir!! Have you encounter steel veggies on the forest?? :)
What could have happened?? Dangerous indeed.
I've had some similar "trick shots" like yours, bouncing and ricocheting in the most odd manners.
But not a single one hit a can on its way back!! :D
Stay safe, my friend!!
Q
Thank you, have had them bounce around the forest sounding like a woodpecker before and waited for a bird or squirrel to drop from the trees. Does add a little to the fun and even the odds when I know they might shoot back lol

Just sounds like a good shot to me. LOL!!
I'd have to repeat it to prove it wasn't just a lucky shot lol

That is when you look around and pray someone got it on video lol. J/K nice shot though but them RTS shots are a spooky thing to experience. :)
I wish someone had, had a big grin on my face when I looked down at the catch box. I'd have asked for a copy lol

·
Super Moderator
6,192 Posts
Always hated having to get those ripped out of the garden. That stuff is wicked. In the UK its plants that are truly scary...

After seeing it in Portugal you can understand the whole sleeping beauty impregnable hedge logic.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Oh yes, in the garden they are hell. The clearing I shoot in is becoming almost impenetrable due to these 3' or 4' high. Going to have to get a jungle hat and a machete at this rate

Interesting a place the devil resides is not allowed lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts