Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Performed an unintended trick shot today not to be repeated or recommended.

I decided to give the thistles a rest and had a go at pruning this beast that was partially blocking the path. Had been pruning already and was reasonably zeroed in, so as it turned out hit it dead on second shot with a 9.5mm (3/8") steel.

Then nature intervened, the steel came back faster than I could see it and hit a drinks can swinging in the catch box on the ground box next to me.

First thought was a fork hit but no Mark's, so checked my target and sure enough had hit my mark. A reminder that nature is always unpredictable. But did appeal to my sense of humor

Attachments

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
My goodness, sir!! Have you encounter steel veggies on the forest?? :)

What could have happened?? Dangerous indeed.

I've had some similar "trick shots" like yours, bouncing and ricocheting in the most odd manners.

But not a single one hit a can on its way back!! :D

Stay safe, my friend!!

Q

·
Neophyte
2,006 Posts
That is when you look around and pray someone got it on video lol. J/K nice shot though but them RTS shots are a spooky thing to experience. :)

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
My goodness, sir!! Have you encounter steel veggies on the forest?? :)
What could have happened?? Dangerous indeed.
I've had some similar "trick shots" like yours, bouncing and ricocheting in the most odd manners.
But not a single one hit a can on its way back!! :D
Stay safe, my friend!!
Q
Thank you, have had them bounce around the forest sounding like a woodpecker before and waited for a bird or squirrel to drop from the trees. Does add a little to the fun and even the odds when I know they might shoot back lol

Just sounds like a good shot to me. LOL!!
I'd have to repeat it to prove it wasn't just a lucky shot lol

That is when you look around and pray someone got it on video lol. J/K nice shot though but them RTS shots are a spooky thing to experience. :)
I wish someone had, had a big grin on my face when I looked down at the catch box. I'd have asked for a copy lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.