1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.chiefaj.com/slingshot_record_book.htm

11/24/2009 Record Book for Game & Fish taken with a Slingshot

Deer taken with slingshot by Navy Seal, Madison Parker

Madison Parker harvested this 165# doe with slingshot and hand cast .45 lead slug. Madison did this in front of a platoon of Navy Seals.
Darned impressive if you ask me! Looks like he got a neck shot.

Attachments

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Here is Madison Parkers web sight. At the 2004 tournament I shot one of his slingshots that a friend had and was not at all impressed. It was very slow (about 145 over the Chrony at a standard draw length) and cost quite a bit of money. Tex
http://www.primitivesupply.com/

Reactions: MakoPat

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
thx for posting... i feel bad for all the ones that got away tho...
^^^ This.

How many animals were injured only before he finally got his kill ?
[/quote]

I agree. I am not impressed nor surprised at what cruelty men will inflict because of false pride.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I saw in the record book that a guy took a bear with one of Chief's Quickbows... Crazy! He's got a bigger pair than I have, that's for sure!

·
"Crafter"
2,120 Posts
Guys your all being very judgmental here Madison is a wilderness instructor I'm sure he will eat and put to use his quarry he is not the type of person who strikes me to be a trophy hunter....

·
Resigned
200 Posts
Will agree that the SEAL incident is just plain wrong , though some might argue , dgui , that shooting lizards for the fun of it smacks a little of cruelty and false pride .....

·
Resigned
200 Posts
Kudos dgui we all love you again
, though we have to remember we are ambassadors for this sport and as such we have to show more common sense than Joe average as somewhere out there our actions are being monitored and all it takes is a little public outcry for the powers that be to take a sudden and unwelcome interest in our pastime . Slingshot shooting is the last unregulated and unlicensed pastime with hunting overtones , pray , it stays like that ..... Preachy a##hole that I am

Pat

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Guys your all being very judgmental here Madison is a wilderness instructor I'm sure he will eat and put to use his quarry he is not the type of person who strikes me to be a trophy hunter....
were not trying to say that were saying its cruel to do this because he proberly injured and made other deer have a slow and painful death

·
Registered
132 Posts
Slingshots are powerful accurate weapons yes, but for now i think its best to shoot arrows at live game and not balls. I think its awesome a deer can be taken, but as they said what about those that didnt die. Ive shot deer with a .444 mag and it ran over a hundred yards, cuz i missed and neck shot him.

Maybe when slingshots OR the ammo design reaches the level where you get a complete pass through even hitting the shoulder, THEN slingshots will be safe for non-survival hunting.

I think they day will have to come when football shaped lead balls can have twist like a rifle barrel....lol

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Kudos dgui we all love you again
, though we have to remember we are ambassadors for this sport and as such we have to show more common sense than Joe average as somewhere out there our actions are being monitored and all it takes is a little public outcry for the powers that be to take a sudden and unwelcome interest in our pastime . Slingshot shooting is the last unregulated and unlicensed pastime with hunting overtones , pray , it stays like that ..... Preachy a##hole that I am

Pat
All Creatures Great and Small. The 3 Lizard shot videos have been killed.

·
Banned
2,531 Posts
I have a few words

That don't impress me much...
Rambo guys running around the woods with under powered weapons....yes you may kill one outright with a bit of luck but I'm afraid percentages are against you especially with lead shot....I just don't get why guys keep trying to prove they can take all big game with a slingshot

.nuff said

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I have a few words

That don't impress me much...
Rambo guys running around the woods with under powered weapons....yes you may kill one outright with a bit of luck but I'm afraid percentages are against you especially with lead shot....I just don't get why guys keep trying to prove they can take all big game with a slingshot

.nuff said
i totally agree people are pushing way over the limits with the game being took with them

·
Registered
132 Posts
I agree again, for now, the math is against them, live game needs to be hit HARD and with serious kinetic energy, and the ammo needs serious penetration properties....this is why a 40lb bow can kill deer easily.

Slingshots are very elegant and powerful....but ammo design needs lots of work, if you wanna hunt.

·
Banned
2,531 Posts
mckee it is the very reason most hunting is banned here,before you could hunt anything and animals were left dying in pain having run off after being shot in the neck with under powered weapons.

Even bow hunting was banned in the 1960 because of the very fact.. you can't guarantee a clean kill.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.