Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an affordable neck knife with a built in/on board neck knife, preferably with a carbon steel blade. I really like the firefly micro but it's way too expensive. I'm not looking to spend more than 50 bucks. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Mora isn't carbon, it's stainless, and it's a little bigger than what I'm looking for

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I think it might be a challenge to fit your criteria? If you really need it to be carbon steel, maybe consider an Opinel Carbone? They take a wicked edge and all sorts of modifications/upgrades. One can easily be modded to be worn round the neck.

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
I was gonna suggest the mora as well, but sense that already was I would suggest get the neck knife that’s right for what you need then make a kydex sheath for the knife and a small ferro rod. No compromise on the knife.

·
Neophyte
2,006 Posts
Here is my Opinel neck knife setup. I could add a ferro rod to it fairly simply. I bought the kydex sheath on ebay, I will try to look up the vendor.

Edit: apparently the guy doesn't make them anymore. I am sure there is someone out there that could though.

Attachments

Reactions: SLING-N-SHOT

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hadn't thought about an opinel. I have a size 6 or 7 already that I used to be my edc. I could probably carefully drill a hole in one of the scales to fit a small ferro rod. Don't need much of one, just something to throw a spark.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts