Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, since the bands of my little chinese style slingshot snapped, has anyone ever tried to attach normal, single tubes through the holes? How would I go about doing this? Furthermore, the distance between forks is 1 3/4 inches. This makes me very nervous that I'll get a thumb hit. Any tips on preventing those? Thanks.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
You can attach tubes to the holes just fine, but you won't like it once you begin to shoot it. The tubes slip up on each shot and you have to put them back for each shot. You could attach the tubes to a leather loop, this works better. Best for tubes is to but the ends through the hole and down the back side of the fork and tie it to the fork below the ring. Still not as good as just ordering some bulk replacement tubes from Reef Scuba or Dankung.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can attach tubes to the holes just fine, but you won't like it once you begin to shoot it. The tubes slip up on each shot and you have to put them back for each shot. You could attach the tubes to a leather loop, this works better. Best for tubes is to but the ends through the hole and down the back side of the fork and tie it to the fork below the ring. Still not as good as just ordering some bulk replacement tubes from Reef Scuba or Dankung.
okay, which set of tubes from dankung should I order? Please include a link. My last set of tubes annoyed me very much because it only stretched out to 12 inches. I only want to get tubes that draw to full length- 26 inches or so will be fine.

oh, and also, I dented the slingshot on the ring portion when I shot a dime through it. Now It's deformed and it's got a sharp edge poking out.. What should I do? Thanks for your replies.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
The ring you need to sand down with progressively finer sand paper until it is very smooth..as far as what tubes to buy that depends on what you are using them for..and I would buy the tubing in bulk and make my own sets that way you can make them as long as you need them. I know people in the past have said Dankung slingshots have short tube sets but I have never heard of one that only drew 12 in. when you order I would suggest you contact Danny who is a member here..or Dankung.com just be aware that both are coming from china and will take a while. You might be able to find someone in the US that can make you a set ot sell tubing if you ask around but I don't know who. you also will probably be able to find a post here that tell you the +s and -s of each tube if someone doesn't answer your question. I'm just not that technical and use what ever I have at a given moment.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
The band set that is supplied by dankung is usually the 1745* it is strong and stretches to six times it's length you are clearly not able to pull it or not trying hard enough,but it will certainly stretch more than a foot.these tubes stretch to six times their length you can get 2040* which is quite easy to pull and probably suit you better.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
he said it had a sharp edge...it it's anywhere the tubes will rub they will need to be smooth if not then don't worry about it,.you'll want to end with something very fine like 220 or finer. but it really does depend on what you mean by a sharp edge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts