Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,013 Posts
My best advice is to take your time and do some research on this forum to get acquainted with slingshots. Also learn a bit about the different kinds of rubber you can use on your slingshot, because this is where the power comes from. If you want pure raw power, then Theraband Gold is the ticket, but power comes with a price. You won't be as accurate usually because it will be harder to hold at full draw and it will take a toll physically as well. May God have mercy on your hand if you ever hit it with full power Theraband Gold! Gum rubber is smooth to shoot and fast enough for me, I like it, especially to target shoot with.
Only you can decide which fork to get. I recommend you take a look at some custom slingshots too. Gary "Flatband" Miller has put some real research into his slingshots. Pallan, with A+ Slingshots has very nice slingshots. Bunny Buster makes some fine slingshots worthy of investigation. Fish, from across the ocean, makes a small, pocket sized array of slingshots designed mostly for hunting that you might like.
For a factory slingshot, I like the Saunders Hawk rigged with Tex-Shooters' band set. Buy it from Tex, because He can also set you up with extra bands and other stuff you might want, like the custom grip for it.

· Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,013 Posts
If it is from Tex, you can bet your grandmas' quilt that it has been thoroughly designed and tested to be one of the best slingshot products out there. I have a hawk that I got from Tex rigged with his medium power field grade bands. It is smooth, accurate and packs a punch. With bands that he recommends for hunting I'm sure it will put a smile on your face.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.