Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear shooters!

Good morning!

Recently i am looking for appropriate mail route to post slingshot to western countries like USA,UK, Germany etc. But neither China post (Epacket or EMS) or DHL accept the package with slingshots.

I know some of your gentlemen had the experience of buying slingshot from Ali-express or Ebay or other chinese sellers. Can you share with me which express or post company fulfilled the delivery of that package.

In China the slingshot was classified as dangerous product or weapon by China Post (not chinese government) this year. Maybe the sellers post it secretly or choose other shipping method? Please do share something with me if you bought slingshot from China.

Thanks a lot for reading!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot to everybody for the information.
This does help us.
It seems that most sellers are playing trick on the regulations. Actually I want to know more about the name of the express company to see if we haven't check with. If we can do it in legal way, we prefer that. We don't want to have risk for future. That means a big of amount of fine or close of business.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
If you're truly worried about it and you really do want to follow regulations... then send the slingshot and bands separately.

In that state the slingshot is simply a "toy frame"... and the bands are just a "rubber novelty".

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I received some slingshots from one well known Chinese seller with "office stationary" in the content description :lol:. Another slingshot ordered from another seller arrived via Fedex with the product description "toy". That's how they get around the rules, I guess.

With the container flood of orders of all kinds of goods leaving China, it's very unlikely that bored and underpaid Chinese customs officials are going to bother checking every single package: same thing at the arrival country. The real question is what penalty applies in China if someone is exporting goods without the appropriate content description :angrymod: , maybe check that carefully before using the "toy" description...

Just my 2 cents worth...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts