Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there slingers! So I tied these tubes with some theraband from the pharmacy. Did a half arse job, not knowing how to tie properly. They came loose, and one tie fell off. So I took the other off. Here I am, itchin to practice, spring is here, snow be melting. I need them tied today. Idk if I'm using the right material to tie.. Don't have leather. Please instruct or direct me! Thanks much! ????????????????????????

Attachments

·
Ray Rowden
2,706 Posts
Most of us shoot the looped tubes just as they are.

The looseness is just part of the experience.

A section of tubing about 1/4 inches long or less can be wetted with alcohol, water or saliva, expanded with forceps and slid up onto the loops before they are mounted on the slingshot to tighten them up a little.

If you want to use the theraband tie, I'd suggest using some tension on the wrapper - it should stretch, but not be maxed out - and wrap it 3 to 5 times around the tubes and tie a square knot to secure it. Or, google up a vid on "Wrap and Tuck."

Best of luck!

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Most of us shoot the looped tubes just as they are.

The looseness is just part of the experience.

A section of tubing about 1/4 inches long or less can be wetted with alcohol, water or saliva, expanded with forceps and slid up onto the loops before they are mounted on the slingshot to tighten them up a little.

If you want to use the theraband tie, I'd suggest using some tension on the wrapper - it should stretch, but not be maxed out - and wrap it 3 to 5 times around the tubes and tie a square knot to secure it. Or, google up a vid on "Wrap and Tuck."

Best of luck!
:yeahthat: Everything I was gonna say so it must be right.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts