Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A forum member and a friend sent me a Vintage Fork.( Thanks Bud!) You all know I am a fanatic when it comes to the forked stick-especially the old ones. This one is a Black Molded hard Plastic or Bakelite and has a circle on it with the words ( reading left to right as we were taught) inside "Work Case Reacting and then the word "Gun" in the middle). I have seen this slingshot only once before and that was on e-bay and I lost the bid. It does remind me of an Epoxy frame from the old Herters Catalog but not sure. Can anyone tell me about this. The proper way to say the name,approximate year produced (i'm thinking 70's),Type bands ( has a wierd hole and slot?). I'll post a picture. Help me fellow collectors,Kent, Bill, Dan, Ron, Mike and anyone else!!!!!
Flatband

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
just a guess but it might have had tubes similar to these

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I've been going thru a bunch of back issues of magazines on Google Books. Haven't found anything about this one but did find one interesting thing, in 1971 most ads were for Wham O and trumark wrist brace slingshots but in 1974 most ads were for the scope shot with a few Wham O Sportsman just the opposite of what I would expect.

I'm still looking Flatband wish me luck.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
It does look like the old Herters to me, but I don't know. Nice find Flatband. -- Tex

·
Super Moderator
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Harp, that solid tube assembly looks like it would work in this weird set-up. The prong has a rectangular slot similar to the end of that slingset. Any idea how old that band set is Bud? Flatband

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
It's new from a Italian company, but my understanding is it's a fairly old design.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts