Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, need help taking better pics of my work and of great stuff I've received.
I,m using a Kodak Z812 Easyshare camera. nothing fancy.
I want to be able to do a better job of showing the "wow factor" .
Short of buying an SLR camera, I'm looking for some tips.
thanks in advance,

LVO

·
"Mighty Can Smiter"
4,302 Posts
Good pics, just use the auto setting on the cam and work on using a contrasting backdrop. Lighting should be your concentration, adjust a lamp or two to your liking. The rest can be done after with a simple free editing software.

Experiment.

Good luck

LGD

·
Registered
416 Posts
If you use the macro setting with auto flash, you will see fine grain in wood and the luster will be apparent also. Good snapping

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
hey guys, need help taking better pics of my work and of great stuff I've received.
I,m using a Kodak Z812 Easyshare camera. nothing fancy.
I want to be able to do a better job of showing the "wow factor" .
Short of buying an SLR camera, I'm looking for some tips.
thanks in advance,

LVO
lighting, and experimentation!

·
Registered
38 Posts
practice, practice - it's the one's you bin that make the keepers worth while.
The guys are right, remember, any pen can write a novel, any camera can make a picture.
Catapults and cameras, listen to your old uncle Flavor Flav "don't believe the hype".
I use my 2mpixel as often as my 12mpixel with chips to burn.
love'n'joy
Lloyd

·
~Pouch Maker~
15,472 Posts
Send your suff to me I'll send you the pics

BTW, I use macro option often to take good pics, also play manual option in your cam. I know many members here with a basic camera they take very good pics.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great tips guys! I want to be able to show the Forum what some of these really look like.
Thanks! man, isn't it cool we don't have to ship film off to Clark's lab anymore? Waiting 6 weeks, forgetting what was even on the dang roll of film!

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
The modern cheaper cameras actually take better pictures when set at a lower pixel setting. My son works for HP and put me up to that and I have found it to be true. I have a new camera, but still like my very old HP 620 for most of my common pictures. -- Tex

·
Registered
144 Posts
One of the best pieces of advice I can give you.
Take the pictures outside if it's a nice sunny day. Lean the slings against a pile of rocks, base of a tree or something like that.
Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.