Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I want to try a new slingshot I really am getting into the OPFS little skateboard looking flat ones
Saw a nice titanium one from GZK
So what I'm asking is is there a better brand is there somebody who makes the best one is it all just artwork basically the same pretty simple design
I want one really bad to play with just don't want to buy a dumb one Lol
Help me out guys this is one of my last slingshot I got a group of good slingshots that I'm gonna learn on for the next two years this one I want for indoors I want to chase cans I want to go up to 8 mm steel but most likely will be shooting around 46 gr. double odd buck
Love the way they set the tubes up and want to do it I just want to good one

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got these bands
I don't know why I have 5 to 10 feet of all of this because I've never shot a slingshot with a tube before
I know the heavy 5080 I got for Arrows and big stuff

Well the 2040 , 1842 band work for 0PFS little small ones
I'm sure they will they kind of look small
What's common ones used for 8 mm down to clay balls

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Good assortment of tubes to play with there, I love 2040's for my PFS setups, good for everything from 10mm clays to 3/8" steel. I've heard good things about 1842 as well, only ever used it on a friends frame and it was loops so I cant give a good reference but they were STOUT loops which he took many Starlings with.

The fun part is experimenting with what works IMO lol.

Reactions: skarrd

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Anybody know who makes this white one and does anybody know somebody who's cutting out a titanium set like this little one
After these two maybe a bocote something
Then I'm done
The one to the left of the OPFS with the wider gap almost looks like an LBS which is what I shoot. If you enjoy PFS/OPFS, you'll love the LBS. All the point & shoot/pocketability of an OPFS, without the need to tweak the pouch and ability to use much stronger bandsets comfortably.

My $0.02 lol.

Reactions: skarrd

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya someone in mined for one of those
I do have a little one coming don't think that it's as little as these I have talk to this guy
Think I'm gonna get one of these
Was hoping somebody would trade my PFS camo right hand hold Bone Grip for one
After a few opfs I ll get one of these or trade for one
Got to either sell a slingshot are save money to get one now

Attachments

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Ni

Ya someone in mined for one of those
I do have a little one coming don't think that it's as little as these I have talk to this guy
Think I'm gonna get one of these
Was hoping somebody would trade my PFS camo right hand hold Bone Grip for one
After a few opfs I ll get one of these or trade for one
Got to either sell a slingshot are save money to get one now
Nice man that's a sick one, a little thinner than most of his designs. His website is j5slingshots.com - you could also place an ad in the wanted section for one. There's quite a few guys who own more than one (seems to be a collector item, to be honest Id have more than one too if I could afford it right now its not in the cards lol) so you might be able to find someone who's willing to part with one - either by trade or purchase. Seriously though, having been down the OPFS road - I would always say the LBS is (again, my opinion) a superior design. It's worth noting that Joey shot the snot out of an OPFS prior to designing the LBS, thus I would imagine the OPFS influenced Joey's designs to some degree. I have mine with me everywhere I go, & it just gets easier and easier to shoot.

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep I was just looking up his name again thank
He does make some nice stuff it's going to be one of my last purchase for a little bit until I can get another LOL
Yes I NEED one
Kinda of why I was looking for that dual titanium one kind of had both but matching
Figured it be hard to destroy them then I can keep the nice ones for showing off and being Purdy in my Sunday clothes

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
The OPFS is probably the easiest frame to build. No complex curves to cut. No complex shaping necessary. Just one optional place to drill, and that is only if you want to create the gap that way (you could just cut it out as well). Find yourself an old skateboard or get hold of some 3/8" or 1/2" multiplex and cut an OPFS. Don't bother finishing it too well, just round off the sharp edges and have fun with it right away and you won't feel too gutted when you suffer a fork hit because you can always build another. The template is publicly available and you'll find it if you just google it.

As for the LBS - its probably my favourite frame. It's NOT a pfs though you can certainly shoot it like one if you want to. There is also a version of the LBS as an LBS-PFS btw and an LBS Mini with a shooting gap size we sometimes refer to as a gapper. All versions of the LBS shoot great. It's a fantastic design!

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
The OPFS is probably the easiest frame to build. No complex curves to cut. No complex shaping necessary. Just one optional place to drill, and that is only if you want to create the gap that way (you could just cut it out as well). Find yourself an old skateboard or get hold of some 3/8" or 1/2" multiplex and cut an OPFS. Don't bother finishing it too well, just round off the sharp edges and have fun with it right away and you won't feel too gutted when you suffer a fork hit because you can always build another. The template is publicly available and you'll find it if you just google it.

As for the LBS - its probably my favourite frame. It's NOT a pfs though you can certainly shoot it like one if you want to. There is also a version of the LBS as an LBS-PFS btw and an LBS Mini with a shooting gap size we sometimes refer to as a gapper. All versions of the LBS shoot great. It's a fantastic design!
Nailed it my friend, I would just say one thing: maybe make two while you're at it instead of waiting until you destroy one or it goes missing - the little fellas have a way of disappearing into a couch never to be seen again lol. Just saying once you get hooked, you'll have a heart attack if you want to shoot and suddenly cant find your shooter - & we cant have that! :)

Reactions: urbanshooter

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok couldn't wait until Saturday
Lol
Made this
It's my 41 Studebaker
The wood is from a 41 Studebaker dashboard
Oak I believe
Left here by the previous owner of this property
Cars gone now but I still find stuff just lying around underneath stuff
Saved this 2x4 size just by old habits not wanting to throw away Goodwood
These are the only tools used
Oya only had one rough sandpaper and one 120
I know this is not pretty and all I don't have any kind of finish I really don't care what it looks like
But the maker in Me won't let me leave it to bad

Attachments

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This thing is a hoot to shoot it shoots double odd buck really well even 8mm
Took me a little bit once I got my confidence up and put it down in my hand like it supposed to be started getting really good started hitting
I need a titanium one and a birch one and Bocote one and a curly maple one lol
Great release off of your arms and shoulders for the day yet still get to sling nice little tool

1 - 16 of 16 Posts