Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Panda... with a slingshot?!?
807 Posts
When it comes to tying knots, I don't actually know much. I'm looking for a type of know that will make a loop around something and have the excess coming off fairly central. This picture shows what I mean, with the red being the string.
Font Electric blue Circle Eyewear Magenta

I want to learn a knot for tying bow strings, so if anyone could help, I'd be grateful.

PandaMan

Attachments

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
I'm an expert when it comes to coarse fishing knots, but that's about it I'm afraid!

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
Go to a good book store.They have books on knots,or can get you one.
Books are always a good resource, but for knots I've found the most useful information on the internet. Especially for the more complex knots animated diagrams can be a lot easier to follow than the static ones you will find in a book.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A "bowstring knot" usually is a flemish twist....not really a knot so much as a way to twist strands of "line" into a string with loops on either end....google for how to tie flemish twist bowstring.....uses a jig...easy once learn how. Scott

When it comes to tying knots, I don't actually know much. I'm looking for a type of know that will make a loop around something and have the excess coming off fairly central. This picture shows what I mean, with the red being the string.
View attachment 5811
I want to learn a knot for tying bow strings, so if anyone could help, I'd be grateful.

PandaMan

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
thanks, bbshooter, that's just the one I need.

This site has better instructions though (just in case anyone else wants to learn this knot)
http://www.faqs.org/...tring-Knot.html
Is the middle picture right? I tried it twice and ended up with a loose end that just pulled through the knot losing the loop.

I found my problem. If the loops don't stack as shown it resolves into a simple overhand knot with end poked through making a loop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.